Whats your general look?

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
How many of you guys would consider yourself to be T shirt and jeans kinda guys.
I’m not a fashionable guy by any stretch, generally it’s sedated, brandless t shirts and vertx pants, very functional and easy to move around in.
I kinda subscribe to the Greyman idea of dressing and generally don’t like looking like a billboard for brand anyway.

After a certain age your 'six-pack' tends to stay in 'the esky' - so t-shirts may not be the most flattering - you are a long way off that but are warned!

General look?

Work - suit, M J Bale my current go to. I have six and rotate around
Out and about - smart casual, 'chinos' (R B Sellers) or 'moleskins' / dress jeans with R M W boots and usually a long sleeve shirt. Often with a jacket (wearing a light linen jacket today in Sydney.
At home (or to hardware store) - daggy work/ casual clothes, short. worn jeans, t-shirts, whatever is at hand - must be capable of getting dirty

Last edited:
I don't have much preferences... T-shirts, and pants that I may have. Currently I would say > 80% of the clothes I use I got from discards or from people actually leaving Tassie (it is great that two of my best mates here were really fancy, so I now have fancy clothing around). I reckon I have bougth a couple of T-shirts in the last 3 years and a pair of shoes, excluding underwear, of course. Still, I am normally well dressed
I have not wear a suit since the last wedding i attend (1997), but I like them. I would buy a couple once I get more permanently settled. For now, I will need a bigger suitcase if I leave Oz, for not having to leave any of shaving provisions, so I cannot buy stuff as If Lived permanently here xD

Work - Shorts, Polo shirt and sandals
Out and about - Shorts, Polo shirt and thongs
Home - Shorts, Polo shirt and thongs
When using my chainsaw- Jeans.Polo shirt and boots.
I hate dressing up I'll only do it for weddings and funerals.

Here's me on a dry winters day in the South Wales Valleys, as from today the weather is taking a turn for the worst snow forecast plus dropping temperatures.

zJydndZ.jpg

Here's me on a dry winters day in the South Wales Valleys, as from today the weather is taking a turn for the worst snow forecast plus dropping temperatures.

zJydndZ.jpg

AHHHH, now I understand the SOTD photos ... :)

Anything made with wicking material.
Today's look is a black work polo with Ripcurl Mirage hybrid boardshorts, and Tevas that should have been thrown away already.

Friday’s is Casual Dress Day at the office and that means jeans, polo, boots....
Monday to Thursday it’s chinos/slacks, shirt....
Weekends it’s jeans/chinos/slacks, polo/shirt....

work pants/shorts and hi vis shirt/jumper during the week and shorts or jeans with a t shirt or hoody on weekends for me.nothing but the best in bogan wear from big w dimmeys etc lol.

Fashionista is something I had to look up. I'm just happy if something fits.
Work: Heavy Drill cotton Hi Vis finished out with some steel cap boots and either a hard hat with brim or a sun safe hat. Great in a high humidity climate but beats getting burnt.
Casual: Jeans , chino shorts, polo or tee shirt will add a button down long sleeve when the occasion calls for it. Sneakers or Rhino industries shoes or boots.
At Home: Shorts that the wife will not let me go down the road in. Topped off with the first shirt out of the draw. Thongs ( surfer Joes or Rockies) or sneakers (broke pair of Asics).
Formal: Navy Blue ( Almost black) single breasted. Bought from a big and tall. I am ape positive. Several long sleeve shirts and ties to match. Footwear is an aging pair of julius marlow boots.
Fishing: Op shop pants and a couple of cheap long sleeve fishing shirts. Not allowed to wash these in the in the washing machine.

Summers:
T-shirt and shorts
I feel the heat a lot so I never wear long pants or long sleeve shirts no matter what!

Winters:
Jeans, jogger pants or track pants
T-shirt
Light sweater
Jacket (either wool lined or synthetic down puffer jacket).

If going out casually, I'll wear jeans, long sleeve casual shirt jacket.

Gym:
Breathable basketball Shorts/t-shirt
A light jacket in winters.

Office:
I work from home now but when I was office-going, I'd wear black pants, black leather shoes, rotate through 18 shirts and add in a long/heavy coat for winters.

I always hated going to the office so I was also never much interested in "office fashion", I kept it simple and only purchased more when I needed to replace something.

I am not much into brands, never have been. That said, if I'm getting a good deal, then it's not try I'll avoid branded clothes because a good deal is a good deal. The overall look/fit and feel is much more important to me.