Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tangerine, Cedrat and Meyer Lemon are incredibly sweet notes in the citrus family - so much so I worked some Lime into the accord to add more of a sour, tart depth. They are also very strong (I have used naturals not AC's which is my preference with citrus notes) and noticeable 1-2 hours after the fragrance opens and this is what (presumably) you will be smelling as I certainly can when I wear the fragrance, I get around 6 to 7 hours from the citrus notes which is phenomenal in a fragrance.

The white musk's in Bombora serve two functions, they are first and foremost fixitives (I used 6 different white musk compounds in Bombora) and are also used to add diffusion to the accord, particularly in the heart and top notes where two of the newer compounds I used produce an amplification effect of certain aspects of the top note accord. I would be very surprised if you could detect the musk accord though as part of the fragrance as its a very small percentage of my overall design. You may also be getting the heart note marine accord, it's fairly complex and does have a broad dimensional aldehydic and floral facets, my thinking is you are still experiencing the citrus tops though.

I would also prefer you lay off posting my samples in your SOTD pics, the intention is with samples you get to enjoy them privately and comment on them in public, rather than have them in pictures prior to them being available to everybody :)

Thanks for the explination. I was guessing with the musk, google said it was sweet.

I'll give the EdT another run tomorrow from the morning. Keen to experience it through out the day.

I was actually thinking maybe not to post the sample. Sorry!

nQ7HfTBl.jpg

I love how great the shave is when you go 2 days or more without shaving. Today’s was exceptionally easy and proof that the 1305 Boar brush is crap.

A bit of menthol is the call for today in Melbourne with an expected 30 degs today.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert EDP

So nice, so green

UkXchnzl.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Calendula Chamomile
Brush: Vie - Long Black Horse 4312
Razor: Puma 6/8" 68
Had the Puma on the stones last night using the Kapton Polyimide tape. Thanks @bald as . Worked perfectly on this razor. Beautiful shave with the Puma this morning.

Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Soap: APR Florian
Razor: Rockwell 6C Plate 5
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Post-shave: APReserve Florian AS splash

awesome close shave, i second Tim regarding the closeness of the shave after leaving it for the weekend

bPSZwfN.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerilla....
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers/Nathan Clark Envy White....
Soap: AP Reserve Florian....

Date: 12 November 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 Boar 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- La Toja (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #11
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Shaves Of Last Week
Brush: Omega
Head: Gillette Sensor Excel
Face: Merkur 34C / Karve D / Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Восход
Soap: RR xXx / Cella
Pre: Shower + Washpool Cleansing Bar
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon / TSW balm / Proraso white balm / Nivea Men Cream

I've been slack with the posts due to some long days at work. I'm trying my upmost to use up the xXx but it's proving to be stubborn stuff :) First shaves with the Voskhod Teflon's and they shave smooth but were really rough once paired with a slant... Happy shaves!

11 November 2018
Bowl :: Lancaster Razor Works Pottery Bowl
Razor :: The New Improved Schick Injector Razor
Blade :: Proline B-20
Brush :: El Druida
Soap :: Wholly Kaw - King of Bourbon
Finale :: Cold Water Rinse/Alum/Witch Hazel/Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon Toner & AS
Bourbon :: Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

UJLNc6m.jpg

Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw / The Club Madison Avenue LE 2017 NYC Meet Up shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Wholly Kaw / The Club Madison Avenue LE 2017 NYC Meet Up aftershave splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti EDP

While my photos may be a little quotidian by shaves are certainly far more memorable! Another great shave, life is good.

Gd0iN9rl.jpg

Got my Rex back yesterday after having to send it to Matt at Razor Emporium to investigate a problem with the top cap. New one is spot on flat unlike the first one which had a bow in the blade:

aNa9Dl5l.jpg

The shave was pretty good. Close, but a little to work on when it comes to comfortable neck shaving. I was probably rushing a tad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.