Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
EsgU0yj_d.jpg

For those frustrated and almost giving up getting a wolfman, don’t worry you’re not missing out.

ok, now seriously this thing is incredible. Thought it might be too efficient for a daily driver, but with the right angle, I’ve been loving it. I’ll do a review, but if it’s within your means and you want it, don’t give up.

Simpsons, Duke 3, Manchurian
Timor blade
Charcoal Goods, Anchor, LVL 2, OC
P&B Spitfire soap and solid cologne
Earworm: Karma Police - Radiohead

First run with The Duke and was very impressed. Not as comfortable to hold as the M7 (which, for me is the perfect handle, YMMV) but still really nice balance in the hand. Easier to grip than my Chubby 2. As for the Manchurian knot, brilliant as always. I bowl lathered this morning and probably added too much water, but actually found that on the face the lather was excellent, better than I have had with this soap before. Happy days.​

JqgTiUB.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougère Bouquet
Razor:Wolfman WR1
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Back from the bush shave, and what a pleasure it was! So good to be able to shave with soft water after the ultra-hard site water I have been using for the last week or so.

The Wolfman is rapidly becoming a favourite - it is both maneuverable and precise in operation, and removes stubble with absolute authority.

Another win for the straight razor. Even used a commercial soap and although not 100% it wasn't too bad. Dried out a bit quick but that is down to my growing respect of blood thinners and taking a tad more time for my shave.
Razor: Japanese 6/8" square point steel.
Brush: Modified Omega barber's style boar.
Soap: Stirling [?] something.

Enjoy your shaves guys :)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream:
Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Razor:
Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend splash
Fragrance:
N/A

Nice, warm, comforting

AEWlzWjl.jpg

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
FINE Marvel w/Polsilver
Yaqi synthetic 24mm
TOBS Sandalwood (sample)
Sacred Earth splash

Whilst badger brushes give a very nice, traditional, luxurious feel...I really can't get past the pure performance of synthetic brushes!

20190524-090243-1.jpg

Date:- 24 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Noce Di Cocco
Razor/Blade:- Colonial General SS / Schick Proline P-30 #3
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

xgq0vHX.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Gillette #16 kindly on loan from @Mark1966
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

In recent times I had the chance to try out many things, that were on my "have to have/try" list (not only shaving related) and more often than not they were quit disappointing. Not so this beautiful Gillette #16. I can certainly understand, why this is for many the #1 razor in their den - very smooth yet super efficient.

The only downside for me is the small handle and the TTO mechanism - I just prefer the simplicity of a 3 part razor.

Having said that it was just a wonderful shave, certainly aided by some magnificent Mike's lather - happy days!

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall

Two passes and a touch up for a DFS +. I am a little surprised how aggressive the WR1-SB standard gap plate is. No doubt it will take some time to become accustomed to it. Next use I will give the Astra SP blade a go.

Have a good one blokes. :)

IkoECX5.jpg

Soap: Pb No:34 Green Dwarf
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Muhle R41 Twist
Blade: French Nacet (4)
AS: B&M Seville
Had the makings of a great shave til I sliced myself under the nose with a small ‘along the blade’ movement. Thankfully very minor. Brush showed it’s disgust for it’s travel hiatus by shedding itself major time. Not on top of my game, I think I’ve got some of what @Speedy had. Not the best time to be visiting Sydney but some appointments and family business had to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.