Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: Tabac original

48351362256_73be83603a_b.jpg

Charcoal Goods, Dual Comb, LVL 2, Maze handle v.1
Simpsons, Captain 2, Best
Astra
A.P.R. Skye Fall
In general I prefer longer handles over small ones, but with a small change in technique this morning I really enjoyed it. I normally use my pinkie to support the base of the handle whilst turning the handle and this does not work well with a small handle. So this morning, I only used my thumb and forefinger to twist the handle and this worked out well.

I just read that back and that really is incredibly boring, and no doubt, no one wanted to know that. But I guess that even after 20+ years of wet shaving I can still improve.

Charcoal Goods, Dual Comb, LVL 2, Maze handle v.1
Simpsons, Captain 2, Best
Astra
A.P.R. Skye Fall
In general I prefer longer handles over small ones, but with a small change in technique this morning I really enjoyed it. I normally use my pinkie to support the base of the handle whilst turning the handle and this does not work well with a small handle. So this morning, I only used my thumb and forefinger to twist the handle and this worked out well.

I just read that back and that really is incredibly boring, and no doubt, no one wanted to know that. But I guess that even after 20+ years of wet shaving I can still improve.

Nice to hear of changes others make - encourages you to experiment!

Great to see a Charcoal Goods razor pic in the SOTD thread too :)

Somebody will have the chance to join you by bidding on the

One of a kind Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor

in our upcoming Charity Auction - have people heard of that?

NymSXAK.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2.5/1)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Pre: Warm water, Proraso Green
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green

Firstly a very quick update on yesterday’s shave and in particular the splash from @SchoolForAnts Squadron Soaps Group Captains Blend. I’ve never had the scent from a splash longer so long that I could smell it in the shower this morning! 24 hours of smelling amazing! It’s such a top fragrance and a shame that it seems to be no longer being produced, there is soap available but I’d almost kill to get a bottle of the GCB splash...

Now to today’s shave...

Ku90muXl.jpg

Travelling samples box shave:

I knew how this soap was going to perform having owned several of the F2 base APR soaps, but had never tried the Fenchurch up until now. It’s a fantastic winter scent with some similarities to both Ozymandias and Skye Fall (to my nose).

If you’re looking for a top scent that gets rave reviews, not only here but worldwide, think Ruds Shaves YouTube’s channel, then you should own some of this!

I guess I’d better make a mention of the razor too huh?

This is one super smooth razor that I firmly believe felt even smoother than the brass Karve version. The thing is beautiful and having the handle 1/4” longer is probably better for me too. This was an epic shave all round!

decided to use the Timeless head along with the brass yaqi handle, which brought the total weight of razor down by 22g. The stock timeless weight with barberpole handle is 132g down to 110g. I enjoyed the lower weight a more than the original, and and it delivered a superb shave. The Timeless is so much smoother feeling that the R41 but on par with efficiency. It actually felt like a mild razor when i started and had to keep reminding myself it has a 0.95mm blade gap. Its great to have so much variety in how a shave feels, really looking forward to my GC JAWS.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB + Yaqi Brass Handle
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: Tabac original

48360193517_250e064c95_b.jpg

kRh55LGl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Wolfpac - Silk Road
Brush: SOC Cherry Boar
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: BIC (1)
AS: Pb Bay/Lime
The BIC pairs really well with this razor.

The solar 'panuels' (as my daughter called them and now forever are known as) have been operational for a couple of weeks now pumping out approx. 33kw Hrs on these sunny days. The solar analytics app that goes with the smart inverters are great to be able to monitor system performance and see where major consumption loads are. Looks like it might be worth installing another heat pump HWS to shift some load back into the solar window.

4k5G3aFl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Mystic Water - Maestrale (sample)
Brush: Bernard
Razor: Schick Adjustable Injector (7,6)
Wow! Had to take a minute to check the rules. Is this thing legal? That was just too easy.
Which bit did you think was legally questionable? The Schick?

vPs7ULc.jpg

Hucklaration
ATTR1+TRiAD
Feather
B&M Fougère Gothique

Dark and moody in the back of the cupboard today @todras?
A scent I can't describe :censored:

Lovely brush there, one of my favorites of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.