Hi all...

bernie01

Hi all,
I purchased my first DE razor back in March; a Rockwell 6C (Gunmetal chrome) along with some Cella soap and a Frank Shaving Silvertip brush. I also bought a bulk pack of Feather blades and have been using them since day one, although the Rockwell came with some Rockwell blades. I started out using the #3 plate, quickly moved to the #4 which I used for months up until just this week when I tried the #5 plate and survived without any nicks or cuts. I'm pretty happy with the Rockwell but am being tempted by a shiny Razorock Game Changer .84-P ...
I usually only shave every 2nd day or so (I'm retired!) and the above combo seems to handle that OK ( I have a pretty light beard).
Live in the Northern suburbs of Wollongong; originally from near Mildura.
Regards, Bernie.

hiya @bernie01 and welcome

6C is a great choice of razor to start with.. Game Changer is a fantastic razor. for me the 0.84 closed comb was no good, too mild. I do have coarse fast growing hair though.. there are two more models you may want to consider.. the OC and the JAWS both in 0.84 gap but open combed. Very very efficient and extremely smooth razors, the OC model is smoother than JAWS (from what i have read) but the JAWS a just a little more efficient. I have the JAWS, my favorite razor for sure atm, above a Timeless 0.95 SB and Muhle R41

good luck!!

Thanks... I guess after a while I will get more familiar with the jargon people use. Smoothness, aggressiveness, efficiency etc. How would the 6C's #3, #4, and #5 plates compare in those terms?

Thanks... I guess after a while I will get more familiar with the jargon people use. Smoothness, aggressiveness, efficiency etc. How would the 6C's #3, #4, and #5 plates compare in those terms?

I havent used my 6C in quite a while but would say the razor in general is quite smooth, load it with a polsilver SI blade and is super smooth. I would use plate #6 on the 6C and found that to be have decent efficiency.

The game changer JAWS is much more efficient than that and probably smoother than the 6C. But of course factors like technique (light touch) and good lather are important.

Welcome to P&C @bernie01 - great to have you here (y)

Welcome to P&C @bernie01. I'm new to the group, but been wet shaving for a couple of years. When you encounter a term or phrase that's new - just ask. Some of this we've made up as we go along so the definitions are fuzzy. Personally I find the terms aggressive and efficient to be interchangeable.

If you are enjoying the marzipan scent of Cella, Klar makes an almond (Mandel) quintuple milled soap with an outrageously strong scent.

Actually the tub of Cella that I have seems practically scentless! The scent was one of the reasons I bought it, but a bit disappointed on that front. Thanks for the tip KM.