PER Perth Meetup Nov 2019

@Bucephalus @DrBob @RazorPlay @no47 @Greenpike @Ross @Dustin L @Cris @ben74 @miner @Trapezoid @Vittocia @Kevy @Drubbing @Cstanway21 @Vittocia

Here are the drink and food options - I've been to this spot twice, and can thoroughly recommend it.

8qYxqwh.jpg

ObdhYf8.jpg

OK guys, in addition to the existing sample box of samples I've just posted an additional 2.4kg of shaving goodness which is coming your way!

Thanks to all the generous contributors - I hope that the Sandgropers get among it!

Nothing is getting in the way of my attendance at this point, despite significant social / sports activity in the clan on Saturdays. Looking forward to it!

Great to hear, RazorPlay!
I have received the P&C traveling box.
All systems go for this Saturday arvo.

Great to hear, RazorPlay!
I have received the P&C traveling box.
All systems go for this Saturday arvo.

hopefully some more will arrive tomorrow

@Bucephalus @DrBob @RazorPlay @no47 @Greenpike @Ross @Dustin L @Cris @ben74 @miner @Trapezoid @Vittocia @Kevy @Drubbing @Cstanway21 @Vittocia @Mark1966

OK Folks.

The extra goodies have arrived from the General (@Mark1966 ), so along with the existing traveling box, we have a very substantial stash of items for taking home with us and using/reviewing.
I expect my fellow Sandgropers to behave with appropriate decorum at the meet - I don't want any fist fights breaking out over first dibs :p. Seriously, we have loads of samples, so I am very confident that attendees will go home happy.

Any members that have declined, but circumstances have changed, are of course very welcome to attend. Drop me a line to confirm if this is the case.

In addition, all please also feel free to bring along interesting items of your own for discussion purposes - these are great conversation starters, (although it is often hard to get a word in with myself and @Greenpike present) :ROFLMAO:. Also, items that you may be looking to trade or PIF are fine - this is a standard part of our meetup.

Looking forward to seeing you all this Saturday afternoon. The weather forecast is sunny and 30C - typically splendid late Spring weather in Perth.

When: Saturday 23rd November 2019 at 2pm
Where: Bright Tank Brewing, 100 Brown Street, East Perth

https://www.brighttankbrewing.com.au/

wQmlfn0.jpg

Oh, and a timely reminder of the standard rules for the Traveling Box samples:

The idea is that it is sent around to the meet ups this year so that participants can take up to six samples to keep with them - on the following conditions:

• they write some sort of review - even some comments in a SOTD post would be sufficient,
  • samples taken can NOT be the same producer, in other words somebody cannot take two Mystic Water samples in a particular round for example.
The 'host' of the box will obviously get first look and be able to take up to twelve samples. The caveat is that you hold the box and be prepared to either post back or post to the next meet up. I'll cover the actual postage costs on request.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
I have today been informed by the Minister for War and Finance that I have another engagement on Saturday...one that I 'should' have known about, and that I was 'told' about some time ago'- but as usual I 'wasn't bloody listening' (must get my crystal ball booked in for a service because it doesnt appear to be working properly...)

As such, I must offer an apology for Saturday. Means more sample's to go around between you all I guess. Hope the day goes well. Enjoy!

I hope you all had a great time?
Hi from Port Macquarie
paul

No reports back, maybe @TomG is still under the weather from all the partying?

.... or maybe they are STILL partying ...

Perth Meetup Report 19 Nov 2019

The short version is - a good time was had by all.

The longer version is:

Firstly, many thanks to @Mark1966 for forwarding the supplementary goodies box, and to @Ckoerntjes for forwarding the traveling box.
Great to see some new blood at the meet in the person of @miner - a terrific fellow who fitted right in with the P&C culture.
Highlights of the meet were:
  • The generous samples, which attendees carefully inspected item by item (which took quite some time, given the generous number of samples).
  • The agonizing selection process.
  • The lack of a fist fight over a highly desirable sample - I cannot use the forbidden "G" word on a P&C post, but I can confirm that all attendees acted with decorum and good spirit (as always).
  • The generous PIFs and trades amongst attendees.
  • The very interesting and numerous 'show and tell' items that were brought along by members, which included a Russian Homelike Razor, Leaf Razor, Wolfman WR1, and a vintage Feather traveling razor complete in original metal box.
  • The decision of @Greenpike, by way of a purchase/trade with a fellow member, to bravely take up the challenge of straight razor shaving.
  • The venue, in amongst the brewery itself, and the beers and snacks, which we all agreed were delicious.
  • The great yarns from @RazorPlay , who always is innovating with shaving techniques and products.
I had booked the table for 2-4pm, but as it always seems to be the case with P&C meets, we were so engrossed in conversations that the time flew by, and we were kicked out just before 6pm, as there was another booking for our table.

Again, thanks to @Mark1966, P&C, sample suppliers, and to attendees for making such meets possible, and I look forward to the forthcoming reviews of attendees on your selected samples, which you can do via the review thread or the SOTD thread.

Cheers,

TomG

Perth Meetup Report 19 Nov 2019

The short version is - a good time was had by all.

The longer version is:

Firstly, many thanks to @Mark1966 for forwarding the supplementary goodies box, and to @Ckoerntjes for forwarding the traveling box.
Great to see some new blood at the meet in the person of @miner - a terrific fellow who fitted right in with the P&C culture.
Highlights of the meet were:
  • The generous samples, which attendees carefully inspected item by item (which took quite some time, given the generous number of samples).
  • The agonizing selection process.
  • The lack of a fist fight over a highly desirable sample - I cannot use the forbidden "G" word on a P&C post, but I can confirm that all attendees acted with decorum and good spirit (as always).
  • The generous PIFs and trades amongst attendees.
  • The very interesting and numerous 'show and tell' items that were brought along by members, which included a Russian Homelike Razor, Leaf Razor, Wolfman WR1, and a vintage Feather traveling razor complete in original metal box.
  • The decision of @Greenpike, by way of a purchase/trade with a fellow member, to bravely take up the challenge of straight razor shaving.
  • The venue, in amongst the brewery itself, and the beers and snacks, which we all agreed were delicious.
  • The great yarns from @RazorPlay , who always is innovating with shaving techniques and products.
I had booked the table for 2-4pm, but as it always seems to be the case with P&C meets, we were so engrossed in conversations that the time flew by, and we were kicked out just before 6pm, as there was another booking for our table.

Again, thanks to @Mark1966, P&C, sample suppliers, and to attendees for making such meets possible, and I look forward to the forthcoming reviews of attendees on your selected samples, which you can do via the review thread or the SOTD thread.

Cheers,

TomG

Sounds like a great time - and well done indeed @TomG for organising!

Many thanks @TomG for organising the event. It was a very pleasant afternoon with some very knowledgeable folk.
And the samples !! So difficult to pick from the hundred or so that were in the boxes.
Happy shaves :)

Just mentioning the newsest WA member, @Gimli here so we don't overlook him when organising the next WA meetup!

OOPS - forgot to mention @Tony1966 in this thread so he gets invited next time too!

Damn, wish I had been here for the last one. Love me a ginger beer!

Hopefully a meet soon :)