Welcome from Wollongong

Jmuz

Hi I got a cheap QShave to try out the DE thing and have immediately been impressed.
I used on legs and shoulders too and it did a great job with no hint of a cut and seems there will be no bumps or ingrowns.

Instantly converted away from what a scam the multiblades are.

Now I need a proper soap/cream (might get both) and might make a fancier razor a Christmas request.

Will have to get more blades, probably Astra SP based on research.
The QShave blades actually review ok, apparently Persona Blue?

Welcome @Jmuz, out of curiosity how many blades to do legs, shoulders and face?

I don't do face, just neck.

I don't really have the experience to judge if it is blunting yet, I've done two shaves, neck was pulling a bit so may be finished but legs still glided like it was cutting air so it's still good for that.

Mixing face and body is probably best handled with two seperate razors.

welcome @Jmuz

bit of advice is before you commit to one brand of razor, get a sample pack including a few this way you get a taste of different blades. I personally dont like Astra SP at all. Make sure you try polsilvers SI Another thing to bear in mind in regards to blades is that a blade can feel different depending on what razor you put it in.

Mixing face and body is probably best handled with two seperate razors.
I'm glad you said that. Had me worried there for a minute.
With blades I can also recommend Gillette Nacet. Up there with Polsilvers and Gillette Silver Blues.
Here is a handy list from @SpeedyPC

Welcome to P&C @Jmuz - great too have you here (y)

Welcome @Jmuz!
I have family in Wollongong. I may have to get you to help me convert them to DE.
As others have said, you should absolutely try many different blades. You'll find that razor+blade+face+soap+experience gives you heaps of different combinations. The only way to know what you like is to try loads of combos and see what works. But, don't let that put you off. It's part of the fun.

Try to find some blade samplers they are worth trying at least once.

I will probably order a selection of blades from vshod since they have the mythical Polsilver and can choose individuals rather than a lot of packs which seem to be half filled with stuff nobody ever recommends.

If anyone has suggestions on which blades of their line are worth a try let me know.

I will probably order a selection of blades from vshod since they have the mythical Polsilver and can choose individuals rather than a lot of packs which seem to be half filled with stuff nobody ever recommends.

If anyone has suggestions on which blades of their line are worth a try let me know.

Opinions on this will be varied so YMMV applies.
My preference is for sharp blades loaded in mild to mid aggressive razors. So my go to blades are Astra Blue superior stainless, Astra Green superior platinum and Feathers.

A bit late, but welcome. I used to live in the Gong for many years before I moved to Sydney. Got tired of walking up at 5:00 am Monday to Friday for my job in the city.