Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
vXcuRsrl.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb 40 Thieves
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Peerless 5/8
Sweet relief. Straight razor shave was a nice rest for my face today plus some cool from the mentholated soap. I usually prefer 6/8 razors these days but the Peerless hit the spot nicely this morning.

H9tLlte.jpg

SOTD 19/01/2020

Pre: Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus Pre-Shave Cream
Soap: Whispers From The Woods "Araminta"
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3
Razor: T.R Cadman & Sons 6/8" Full Hollow Bengal

Plenty of time early today for a cooling straight shave. A perfect foil for a steamy morning!
Have a Great Week!

Date:- 19 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Massacre of the Innocents (milksteak base)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

65zw5to.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: M&F Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: Creed Epicea
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Scent: Floris No 89

It is amazing how well this 50+ year old soap performs.

Pre-shave: Warm Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsons and Culmak
Soap/Cream: SMN Crema da Barba shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette "Aussie Spoiler" (1)
Post-shave: SMN Tabacco Toscano splash
Fragrance: SMN Tabacco Toscano EDC

Luxury this week ...

2nc2i19l.jpg

Last edited:
zIaIlOZl.jpg

Wild West Brushworks Amethyst Water
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Lime
Wolfman WR2 1.05
Astra SP
AP Reserve Escentials Restoration Serum

Firstly, the shave was a delight. Lather in abundance and wet as anything, almost dripping away from my face. Just how it should be. The razor was effortlessly smooth with zero problems. How a $500 razor should act I guess (if in the right hands)?

Finished up with @todras’s latest post shave Serum. This goes on amazingly. Very little is needed and the feeling is great once it dries in, only taking a few moments to do so. I’ve been using it at night before bed and also after a shave, well the 2 shaves since Friday. Will keep using and see if my face and neck benefit, which I think they will.

Firstly, the shave was a delight. Lather in abundance and wet as anything, almost dripping away from my face. Just how it should be.

Sounds messy to me!

The razor was effortlessly smooth with zero problems. How a $500 razor should act I guess (if in the right hands)?

Well for $500 I would want some history and provenance as well, but hey, to each his own ...

Finished up with @todras’s latest post shave Serum. .... Will keep using and see if my face and neck benefit, which I think they will.

Do we get before and after photos of the effect on your face and neck?

Oh, hang on, maybe forget that idea :stop:

Last edited:
Sounds messy to me!
Messy does as messy is...
Well for $500 I would want some history and provenance as well, but hey, to each his own ...
There is history - a simple search results in the complexities in nabbing one of these...
Do we get before and after photos of the effect on your face and neck ?
The tube is solid white and the level of serum cannot be seen, even with a bright light shining from the other side...

Messy does as messy is...

Well ...

There is history - a simple search results in the complexities in nabbing one of these...

Did it take 100 years to obtain? 50 years? A decade at least surely? No, OK, so not really that much history ...

The tube is solid white and the level of serum cannot be seen, even with a bright light shining from the other side...

Original post edited for clarity

I understand that there are NSFW subreddits for this type of thing, if you are into that...

I didn't know what NSFW was before this post, I wish it had stayed that way :eek: o_O :oops:

adcydAi_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Merkur 34c
Feather
Barrister & Mann Nordost
Barrister’s Reserve Waves splash

We had some amazing rainfall on the Gold Coast over the weekend. Another drenching last night. It’s now lush and green everywhere.

Hot, mostly sunny and muggy morning today. Prepped with cold shower and cranked up the air con.

Nordost - after two shaves I love it. It smells like true to life orange... I don’t pick up the smokiness, maybe a little bit after the shave. Strongly considering buying another one. I think it’s great for hot weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.