July 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in the post today: 50 Nacet blades for me to try - I haven't been entirely happy with the Astra Greens that were my go-to with my R41, but not so much in my RR JAWS. 15 bucks including express postage to Tassie. I don't know how Vshod does it. If I were to send the same package from here, my local PO charges me $9.20 just for standard post...

Ordered 4.30pm Weds and delivered 10am Friday normal parcel post. Artisian Arcade in record speed!

The Stirling samples are such great value I went back for more. Most of my soaps are winter scents etc so went with thought of warmer months ahead.
Island man, mountain man, orange chill(menthol), iced pineapple(menthol) and executive man. The iced pineapple smells AMAZING.

And my first full tub purchase of Stirling...damn it's chock full!! Looking forward to this one.

Should arrive this week:
Gillette ‘71 R3 Black Handle Super Adjustable 109

r05hg2j.jpg

Fresh from the post: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm synthetic PONY knot. Love at first sight, looks like I was only just in time - now sold out. I thought my RR Plissoft was a good brush, but this has a lot more backbone. I'll have to be careful, or it'll eat up all my soap...

Finally got my Karve Brass!

Some enabling credit goes to @SpeedyPC

Here is a patina comparison with my Kaweco Brass Sport fountain pen (had it for about 1 and a half year) and the brand new out of the box Karve:

dIxgjd6_d.jpg

jzbmemc_d.jpg
Welcome to the Karve Enabler Club @MadFlava81 which base plate aggression did you get?

I got C and D closed, and also C open just to see what that is all about - probably won’t use that one
You’ve chosen an excellent starting setup for C and D SB base plate, also the C open comb base plate would be an excellent choice.

Make sure you used warm soapy water and follow by using the toothpaste, before you start using the Karve this will help reduce the brass smell after using the toothpaste.

RAD satisfied for now :)
Charcoal Goods Lvl2 Gen 1 Brass with Torpedo Handle
6DJxxcQ.png
ZRBeJkM.png

and Smart Helix Apollo Light ( Both base plates) order placed 27/06 accepted 28/06 and shipped 05/07
KVM3CHW.png

You’ve chosen an excellent starting setup for C and D SB base plate, also the C open comb base plate would be an excellent choice.

Make sure you used warm soapy water and follow by using the toothpaste, before you start using the Karve this will help reduce the brass smell after using the toothpaste.
+1

RAD satisfied for now :)
Charcoal Goods Lvl2 Gen 1 Brass with Torpedo Handle
6DJxxcQ.png
ZRBeJkM.png

and Smart Helix Apollo Light ( Both base plates) order placed 27/06 accepted 28/06 and shipped 05/07
KVM3CHW.png
Congratulations...some serious metal (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.