Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s the soap hairy muppet?

Grasshopper, Official scent notes are Almond, Sage, Lavender, Cashmeran, Leather, Raspberry, Mandarin, Neroli, Cardamon, Nutmeg, Hay, Sandlewood, wood notes. It has quite a complex old school powdery scent profile. Scent strength is light (4). To my nose I can pickup the lavender as the top note, with some leather, woodiness and some nuttiness as base notes.

Elite level soap base especially for SR shavers and those that don't like strong scents. Personally I would have liked a stronger scent strength to match the fantastic artwork on the label. AS Toner is also low on scent strength with a little bit of neroli picked up additionally to the soap scents I detected.

Grasshopper, Official scent notes are Almond, Sage, Lavender, Cashmeran, Leather, Raspberry, Mandarin, Neroli, Cardamon, Nutmeg, Hay, Sandlewood, wood notes. It has quite a complex old school powdery scent profile. Scent strength is light (4). To my nose I can pickup the lavender as the top note, with some leather, woodiness and some nuttiness as base notes.

Elite level soap base especially for SR shavers and those that don't like strong scents. Personally I would have liked a stronger scent strength to match the fantastic artwork on the label. AS Toner is also low on scent strength with a little bit of neroli picked up additionally to the soap scents I detected.
Excuse me, are you calling me the Dark Lord a bloody grasshopper? You hairy little prick.

That’s a very complex scent, are you sure the soap smells like old school powdery scent, which season does this soap fit into? Looks like somewhere either Spring or Autumn?

Last edited:
That’s a very complex scent, are you sure the soap smells like old school powdery scent, which season does this soap fit into? Looks like somewhere either Spring or Autumn?

Yes old school powdery. Scent season to be described as Spring. ( I have lived last 12 years in the tropics there is only 2 seasons wet, and wetter :))

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Pony knot
Soap: PAA F-Bomb

50374813847_6dd8ae79ba_b.jpg

Sadly luck has nothing to do with it. Shipping cost and delivery time rule out UK for me, except for rare Brit Gillette razors.
Can't be much worse than the US. My Vector, which had been stuck in Elk Grove, IL for 21 days has been showing up as having "departed origin country" for the last 3 days. Sooner or later, that plane is going to run out of petrol... :rolleyes: ...and then, of course, my package has to filter its way automagically through AusPost... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can't be much worse than the US. My Vector, which had been stuck in Elk Grove, IL for 21 days has been showing up as having "departed origin country" for the last 3 days. Sooner or later, that plane is going to run out of petrol... :rolleyes: ...and then, of course, my package has to filter its way automagically through AusPost... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
USPS is by far the worst now that it's become a political football. Current delays have less to do with Covid and more to do with the upcoming presidential election.

Date:- 23 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #15 .... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)

Mine is Asendia, which is about as bad... (Sigh)
Hello! welcome to Asendia & USPS Covid Kaos, how may I help Mr @Gargravarr

Last edited:
I value your opinion when it comes to more efficient razors.

How Does the Wolfman 1.25 WR2 compare shave wise the Karve SS SB - E or F plates or the Timeless 0.95 ?

Have both the 1.25 and T95, they are both top quality razors to hold and use. The 1.25 is a notch up in efficiency and is a very smooth razor to me with the T95 even smoother than the 1.25.. both are fantastic razors that serve a different purpose.

If I wanted a closer experience to the Timeless 95 the WR2 1.15 would be the gap to get.

for me I wanted efficiency to sit between the T95 and the JAWS which the 1.25 does perfectly

Have only used a bronze karve a couple times with plate D only.. the T95 is much more efficient than the D plate which was the lowest I would go. Have not tried plates E or F

Just had a shave with the mdc.

soap takes a lot more water than others I have used. But performance is good once you dial it in. Looking at how much I used so far, will take ages to go through the tub. At this rate I am looking at years worth of usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.