Lather Shots

Brush:- Frank Shaving Pure Badger 23mm
Soap:- Stirling - Executive Man

CHp4RkC.jpg

When I have an acceptional lather that looks great, I always think this would have been good for the lather shots thread.
Due to my current situation I have to complete the shave process, photos, posting with only 1 non dominate hand. Every SOTD pic I have to use the 10sec timer on the phone in order to take a picture because I cannot hold the phone and press the front of the screen at the same time.

A+⭐ for effort and commitment (y)

Mike's - Barber Shop w/ Omega 10048
PB you must share your knowledge and technique with the rest of us wannabe lathermeisters. I thought the shiny yoghurty perfection was coming from your soaps but see you achieve it with all soaps

PB you must share your knowledge and technique with the rest of us wannabe lathermeisters. I thought the shiny yoghurty perfection was coming from your soaps but see you achieve it with all soaps

Of course it comes from my soaps :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but it is possible with other soaps too.;)

@alfredus pointed out this video and I basically aim at that. Don't always get it especially if I'm in a hurry and care factor is down......

I bowl lather but the principal is the same. Start with the correct amount of water in your brush (not too wet) and start lathering on the soap whether it be in bowl or on puck and as the proto lather forms just gradually add small amounts water and keep lathering. Takes time but you avoid getting an overaerated lather. A creamier thicker lather is nicer and gives better cushion and glide which is the reward for the time spent. The shine is the result of not over aerating and hydrating the lather sufficiently. If you push the hydration too far chasing the shiny then the lather can loose performance.
Some soaps lend themselves to 'the shiny' more than other soaps but regardless I think that technique helps to get the best out of a soap.

Of course it comes from my soaps :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but it is possible with other soaps too.;)

@alfredus pointed out this video and I basically aim at that. Don't always get it especially if I'm in a hurry and care factor is down......

I bowl lather but the principal is the same. Start with the correct amount of water in your brush (not too wet) and start lathering on the soap whether it be in bowl or on puck and as the proto lather forms just gradually add small amounts water and keep lathering. Takes time but you avoid getting an overaerated lather. A creamier thicker lather is nicer and gives better cushion and glide which is the reward for the time spent. The shine is the result of not over aerating and hydrating the lather sufficiently. If you push the hydration too far chasing the shiny then the lather can loose performance.
Some soaps lend themselves to 'the shiny' more than other soaps but regardless I think that technique helps to get the best out of a soap.

Thanks PB what about quantity, do you scoop a small amount into the bowl or load brush and take to bowl?

Thanks PB what about quantity, do you scoop a small amount into the bowl or load brush and take to bowl?
I've been using a kiwi cutter to scoop about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of soap then paste it into the bottom of the bowl. It's a habit I got into as I wanted to keep my pucks clean so I could sample off them for family/friends. Consequently I've never developed any skill in 'loading' a brush and have come to prefer bowl lathering as I feel it gives more control. Also I find the soap tubs confining, I like plenty of space, hence my Robyn Bloom bowl (spaghetti bowl as you referred to it:)) has become a favourite.
The down side is if you overload the bowl to start with then there is soap wastage but that's not an issue for me as I've got plenty (though probably not in the realms of @SpeedyPC 's legendary soap stash).