Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

I think I would probably get laughed at if I got an electric chainsaw. I consider myself a greenie of sorts, and even I have four 2-stroke saws ranging from 18" to 36".

3c4a16cc44affebb0f41dc7ab8ed5f74.jpg
EGO range of electric equipment is surprising.
The torque that electric powered offers is incredible.
I've the self propelled mower, blower and chainsaw and impressed with all, coming from a background of using professional equipment.

EGO range of electric equipment is surprising.
The torque that electric powered offers is incredible.
I've the self propelled mower, blower and chainsaw and impressed with all, coming from a background of using professional equipment.
I would love to be able to use an electric chainsaw. The noise of a 2-stroke is not much fun to be around. Trouble is, a lot of the logs and trees I have to cut are over 4 foot thick. And I'm not even cutting real old-growth stuff, mostly stringybark that grows very big, very quickly, then rots from the middle and causes a problem when it drops (or threatens to) on things that I don't want squished.

Lol.

Another snobby. What setup do you have.

I grabbed some too.
Oh, my setup is as basic as it gets: a cheap heat gun, a big stainless colander inside a bigger stainless bowl. Plus a thermocouple attached to my multimeter to keep an eye on temperature, though with these dry-processed beans I find it's better to just pay attention to what's happening under your nose than spend your time watching temperature readings.

I sometimes think a Behmor might be nice to have, but the beans I like best probably aren't well-behaved enough to get much of an advantage from fancier gear.

Glad you scored some Yemen too, it would be tragic to miss out. When I heard it was coming through, I started checking every day just to make sure my toe was in the door...

Oh, my setup is as basic as it gets: a cheap heat gun, a big stainless colander inside a bigger stainless bowl. Plus a thermocouple attached to my multimeter to keep an eye on temperature, though with these dry-processed beans I find it's better to just pay attention to what's happening under your nose than spend your time watching temperature readings.

I sometimes think a Behmor might be nice to have, but the beans I like best probably aren't well-behaved enough to get much of an advantage from fancier gear.

Glad you scored some Yemen too, it would be tragic to miss out. When I heard it was coming through, I started checking every day just to make sure my toe was in the door...

Got me a second hand behmor. Enjoying the process thus far. What do you brew ? Espresso?

Got me a second hand behmor. Enjoying the process thus far. What do you brew ? Espresso?
Coffee is a whole 'nother rabbit hole. :rolleyes: I sort of do a bit of everything, espresso unplugged (Rok, stovetop as the mood takes me) - my old Gaggia is still in a crate, never unpacked because it pulls too much current for our off-grid power supply to run without risk of hitting the batteries too hard. Also getting back into briki and siphon lately. All those different approaches, all good in their own way, and don't let the Italians tell you any different... :)

Coffee is a whole 'nother rabbit hole. :rolleyes: I sort of do a bit of everything, espresso unplugged (Rok, stovetop as the mood takes me) - my old Gaggia is still in a crate, never unpacked because it pulls too much current for our off-grid power supply to run without risk of hitting the batteries too hard. Also getting back into briki and siphon lately. All those different approaches, all good in their own way, and don't let the Italians tell you any different... :)
In summer, try a nitro coffee. If you like a nice cold Guinness you will love it.

Was looking around for a new camera bag and thought I might check out Marketplace and Gumtree. Ended up with this Crumpler number (from the lifetime warranty era) -

MsSIPqkl.jpg

EW7Brqbl.jpg

eARvCyHl.jpg

Happy with that for $50!

Was looking around for a new camera bag and thought I might check out Marketplace and Gumtree. Ended up with this Crumpler number (from the lifetime warranty era) -

MsSIPqkl.jpg

EW7Brqbl.jpg

eARvCyHl.jpg

Happy with that for $50!

Nice..

I wore one of the first prototype Crumpler bags back in the days. Hand sewn and a tester to see how it felt and worked. Amazing story a mate starts off so humbly then grows the business to where it is now. Shame after the sale they dropped Stuey as the Crumpler man logo.

I've got a good collection of original old school bags going back 30 years. Still rocking them.

Decided I wanted an alternative to the Crumpler bag -

e3k0S6Kl.jpg
WrkVBLPl.jpg

Only $40! (Now does anybody want to buy a Crumpler camera bag?)

Also got my planetag from the second QF 747 (VH-OJP) they have access to -

Qa6bDIdl.jpg

Thought you would have PIFed it to the person who bought your camera body, (Whoever that may have been) :)

Well it is advertised elsewhere for twice the price here ...

Oh, what it this in the large box with lots of packing and protection ...

fK88SnJl.jpg

Is that a Limited Edition gunmetal Olight Warrior X Turbo Extreme Distance Tactical Light?

It is bright!

fbGbEmUl.jpg

and VERY cool.

Thanks @Wilkshire13, you have earned your moniker :)