STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Red
XOWuo6o.jpg

rsOeekr.jpg

Razor: Karve Brass SB-E
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Oumo 28mm TH
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Le Grand Chypre

LGC basically comes off as citrus patchouli with a touch of floral to remind you that it's not a gourmand. I'm half and half about the scent, but it's citrus, so it'll probably grow on me.

From the description at Italian Barber, it sounds like a rich man's Cella. :unsure:

Worthy from a charity perspective. If $3K ever becomes loose change I will definitely buy a kilo

Like marzipan under Christmas cake icing. Cella aftershave is a refreshing citrus scent not almond like P.160 or Cella soap

Back in the day, P.160 had magical properties and got all the superlatives now applied to the top shelf artisan soaps.

During all my acquisition years I only ever got one parcel 'Opened for Inspection' by Customs - it was a one kilo brick of this purchased from Italy. I think that this container is the last of that acquisition.

lJA1931_d.webp

Brush: Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: ATT Windsor Pro
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Dickens Revisited - Soap

Used the ATT again this morning, love the way it shaves. So precise and easy.

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Gooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: KAI (2)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

No photo, too lazy sorry. Great shave though!

Shave before bed in peace :sleep:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ The Full Measure of Man (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Maggard Razors v2.0 Open Comb with MR11 Bulldog Handle / Voshod #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson 90th Anniversary Astor Super Badger 84/90
Soap:- P.160 - Tippo Morbido
Razor:- Solingen Best Quality Silver Steel
Post-shave:- Cella

4ZR0MFC.jpg

Getting back into routine with straight shave Saturday, got the stones out and started honing new acquisitions

Last edited:
ODT6Kwt.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Ladas SS
Brush: Yaqi 24mm HD Geltip boar
Soap: Grooming Department - Chypre Peach

After playing with the Karve after purchase, decided to go back to the Rocca. And it was like, "Y'all must have forgot." Smooth shave, excellent efficiency, better balance than the Karve and no annoying copper smell off the metal. I still think this is my best all round razor (at the moment).

GD Chypre Peach is way more 'Chypre' than BM LGC or at least it feels more with my limited palate. You get a lot of wood upfront (oakmoss?), with musk and some floral. The peach aspect is way in the back. It's there, but I had to hunt around for it and would never know it had any peach if the name didn't have "peach" in it. Kairos base is a solid performer, much like the lavender. But you need to load a LOT more into that boar. It literally drinks soap, the usual 30 second load isn't enough once the fibres are fully hydrated. I needed to go back to load extra soap after the first pass.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Gooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: KAI (3)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

Happy Canberra Day!

We work SOOOOOOO hard down here in the national capital (largely on behalf of the rest of the country) that we just NEED another public holiday.

Msu6nyll.jpg

Pre-shave: cold water splash followed by a light application of King of Shaves gel while working up my lather
Bowl/Scuttle: Timeless bowl
Brush: vintage boar brush with wooden handle - pedigree unknown
Soap/Cream: Gillette Pure Shave Cream with a few drops of glycerine
Razor/Blade: 39c with Gillette 7 O'clock blade
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 3-pass face, 2-pass neck - very light tidy up with Schick I1 injector (and dry shave back of neck)

I often wonder why I don't share more often/exclusively with slant razors. they never fail to give me a great shave.

my lather was good and first time I've used this old brush that I bought of ebay some years back. bristles have not split so it was a bit scrubby but did not adversely effect the lather. the Gillette Pure cream has a nice texture/lather and I do enjoy shaving with it.

anyone know why old brushes have smaller knots (20mm?) and short lofts?

Brush: Wolf Whiskers - custom 30mm Blackwolf .
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau - Star Noir
Razor: Karve CB - SB (F)
Blade: Personna - Platinum Israeli red (1)
Post-shave: Floid - Vigoroso AS / P&B - Luna AS balm

2 pass with WTG = DFS+ daily shave. As expected indentical shave to the last Personna Platinum used in the generic packaging. Synthetic brushes and P&B soaps have always given me outstanding lathers. I make no secret that P&B soaps are one of my favourite British artisans, and its unfortunate that no new products have been released locally in the Aus/Nz market since the end of 2019.

The soap, Phoneix & Beau - Star Noir. Scent strength, light to medium off the puck and once lathered. Scent notes, Click here.This soap is a dupe of 'Minotaure' by Paloma Picasso. Apparenty this was David Bowie's favourite scent and the inspiration for P&B producing this soap.

My impression of the scent, is that the musk is quite prominent from the intial opening of the tub till the dry down. The opening scent notes begin with the ylang ylang, jasmine, bergamot, musk, patchouli. Top, middle and base notes all identifiable together. The dry down then turns into a warmer affair with the musk, amber, sandlewood and patchouli again. The patchouli is not offensive, though it really gives the musk a sweet candy like characteristic.

Interesting scent, that I think opinions would vary person to person, due to the musk and the intereraction with the patchouli. Definately a masculine scent, that would greatly be enhanced with the use of the matching splash or cologne to add the sophistication it deserves.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.