2 razors per shave?

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Anyone else use 2 razors during a shave?
I normally do.
First pass today was with the Timeless .95 OC.
Second pass was the Blackbird OC.
It varies on my mood on the day.
Might be Black Beauty followed by Fatip Piccolo tomorrow.
I always have at least 3 razors all ready to go with blade fitted...just in case I get a dodgy blade 1/2 way through a shave. Can't be faffed changing blades mid-way through a shave...just grab another razor.
It does help to have a few to choose from though.

I normally do.
I always have at least 3 razors all ready to go with blade fitted...just in case I get a dodgy blade 1/2 way through a shave. Can't be faffed changing blades mid-way through a shave...just grab another razor.

No

I normally do.
I often see 2 x DE's being posted in US forums and found it strange but after some explaining I was informed that some users prefer a more efficient razor for 1st pass and milder there after. Similar to those that use a DC I guess...?
I'm way too lazy to do this but it makes sense and when using an adjustable I tend to change settings for each pass. :unsure:

Thanks @Razor Burn that's probably where I first noticed it (US forum).
I do it back to front then I guess...I use the milder razor to knock down the major growth, and the more 'efficient' (aggressive?) razor for the final pass.
I find it a smoother shave that way...and not surprising that a couple of my razors were DC (even my WR2).

It occurs to me that some of you guys haven't thought this through!
You need to have 2 razors (at least) per shave. There's the 1st pass razor...use it...re-lather...use the 2nd pass razor. Maybe rinse and repeat for a 3rd pass...needs 'another' razor.
Guys, you can so justify 'needing' more razors. How can your Missus dispute this real 'need'?
It's plainly obvious that you do, indeed, need a few more razors to be doing this shaving thing properly.
Glad I could help.

you means the FAMOUS Thomas Method ...
...which is almost unfindable, but once found, appears to be utter folly. That way lies madness. :ROFLMAO: Whereas the Gargravarr method is entirely practical, can be done anywhere, in the dark or with eyes shut: just pick up whatever razor you want, lather up, pick any part of your head and start shaving until you've achieved a DSBBS all over.

No charge.
:p

...which is almost unfindable, but once found, appears to be utter folly. That way lies madness. :ROFLMAO: Whereas the Gargravarr method is entirely practical, can be done anywhere, in the dark or with eyes shut: just pick up whatever razor you want, lather up, pick any part of your head and start shaving until you've achieved a DSBBS all over.

No charge.
:p

It once was everywhere - even Wikipedia ...

I normally do.
I've just started doing it after finding by accident that I can get my neck BBS with a Voskhod and I'll have no irritation. I didn't like the blade for the first two passes, but for some reason it works really well for touch-ups. I use my slant for the first couple passes with 7 o'clock Yellow or Nacet etc, then a mild razor with the Voskhod to finish. Works beautifully for me. I'd pretty much given up on being able to get my neck smooth without being severely irritated, but now I need to stock up on Voskhods...