Not open for further replies.
hI5bYfD.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Squadron Empire
Razor: Pearl Flexi - WTG@2, XTG@5, ATG@4
Blade: Gillette 7OC Platinum Black (1)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

Think I pulled a dud blade. Was not as sharp as it should be. A lot of buffing each pass, but BBS- and surprisingly no stinging with the post shave toner. And the new bowl rocks.

I know my angles of attack for the touchups when required. Hardly ever need to go ATG now. Efficient smooth razors are my thing.
No way I can get a good proper WTG or XTG stroke under my Zoolander jawline :ROFLMAO:

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Iridium Super (11)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Spring? You sure?

07Be0eSl.jpg

F6nbNgGl.jpg

Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
Brush: TF 2 Band
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: BIC shimmed (1)
Ordered the Cologne Russe nearly two months ago and it was sent via Aramex who apparently decided they don’t deliver to Dubbo anymore but failed to notify Beard & Blade of that fact. After working out what was going on I notified B&B who immediately posted another tub express freight with Aus post and it got here in a matter of days. I have had words with B&B re: Aramex previously as their service in Dubbo was terrible (@Gargravarr - you’d love them….not) but when you select free freight you can’t really complain about who they use. Nice recovery though Beard and Blade.(y)
After all that I found I’m not a fan of Cologne Russe. I’d been looking at this scent for a long while and curiosity finally got the better of me. The cost of education………

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - 28mm boss knot
Soap/Cream: Oaken Lab - Plein Air
Razor: Homelike Shaving - Colibri SB 1.5
Blade: Gillette - Stainless ( red & white) (19+20)
Post-shave: Oaken Lab - Plein Air AS splash / Oaken Lab AS balm

2 pass WTG daily shaves = DFS+. Fantastic shaves with this razor and blade combo.

The Soap, Oaken Lab - Plein air. Scent strength light medium for the soap and medium for the splash. Scent notes Peppermint, Anise, Fennel, White Musk, Vanilla, Couramin, Ozone, Citrus.

I was sceptical with the purchase of this soap due to the anise scent note, fortunately the anise content is very well blended and not that licorice in your face scent. I really enjoy Oaken Lab's original fragrances from their products, each fragrance is totally different from the next. Bergamot in the top notes is very evident especially in the splash which is very citrus forward compared to the soap, green elements from the fennel, couramin and anise for some sweetness, and spice, ozone to adds that metallic air element, musk, vanilla, peppermint in the base to hold the rest of the scent notes together. The musk and Peppermint are also more prominent in the splash.

One interesting point about this soap is that it was supposed to have a synthetic cooling effect. After two shaves I did not pick up any cooling effect at all. Maybe that's a good thing.:), as the splash I would rate as the best post shave feel from a splash I have had all year. I even forgot to add balm until later on before going out.

Overall a very enjoyable shave experience with these products. (y) A fairly non interfering fragrance from the soap although the splash does have a dry down of several hours at a light strength. If using a fragrance afterwards note this product does have a dry down of citrus, musk, green elements so pair accordingly.

Last edited:
Maybe it is possible for someone with either less or perhaps finer bristles than myself - not that I consider myself to be exceptionally hirsute. I don't have anything like a Mediterranean complexion, but perhaps my skin is leathery from being shaved over daily without a break for so long. I find having a break for a couple of days doesn't help me that much. And going without a shave for a whole weekend... well fuck that, it would drive me nuts. The best I can manage is with the so-called Gillette Slide, which I started using a few months ago, and has become pretty much second nature for areas of skin large enough to accommodate it. Meaning I'm not (yet) up to using it ATG much on my face, my head is no problem. I find it does reduce the amount of ATG scraping I have to do.

But maybe I'm taking out of my ass. One day, I might come up with a pre-shave routine that makes it all easy...:unsure:

😂

at the end of the day it’s all about what works for you.. I still haven’t tried the Gillette slide, bit concerned I’m gonna slice my face

going the whole weekend without a shave ain’t gonna happen this weekend, got a wedding I forgot about… the lupo 72 will come out for that 4 passes of mild goodness will achieve what I’m after 👍

Rocca R95
Wizamet
Omega 11137
The Dead Sea soap / splash

ended with an excellent shave, might of gone one pass too many on my chin but it was just such a smooth shave I couldn’t resist the fourth pass :)

First pass started a little on the rougher side, and I had just thought my love and mojo for the rocca was declining as I had thought this blade was only used once, changed it to be sure and wow a night and day difference.. back to the smoothness I loved about it in the first place.. Guess I was a little over excited with my rekindled love affair and went that second extra ATG pass..

applied the neutrogena straight after the shave, waited till absorbed then on went the splash.. nothing but silky smoothness and ever

we’ll see how good this moisturiser is as I have to wear a dam mask all day

51504918813_1a21193a12_b.jpg

... I have had words with B&B re: Aramex previously as their service in Dubbo was terrible (@Gargravarr - you’d love them….not) but when you select free freight you can’t really complain about who they use.
I have had dealings with Aramex. They used to operate under a different name here (I can't remember what), and acquired such a bad reputation, people just stopped using them. They haven't improved under the new name. :rolleyes:

Cologne Russe didn't appeal to me either. The scent reminds me of a shampoo that was cheap and common in the 70s.

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Zingari Man - The Explorer - thanks (y) @Wilkskire13
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Had just enough left of this sample for today's shave, having last visited it in April. Glad I hung on to it, a nice woodsy scent in a great base. (y)

F6nbNgGl.jpg

Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
Brush: TF 2 Band
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: BIC shimmed (1)
Ordered the Cologne Russe nearly two months ago and it was sent via Aramex who apparently decided they don’t deliver to Dubbo anymore but failed to notify Beard & Blade of that fact. After working out what was going on I notified B&B who immediately posted another tub express freight with Aus post and it got here in a matter of days. I have had words with B&B re: Aramex previously as their service in Dubbo was terrible (@Gargravarr - you’d love them….not) but when you select free freight you can’t really complain about who they use. Nice recovery though Beard and Blade.(y)
After all that I found I’m not a fan of Cologne Russe. I’d been looking at this scent for a long while and curiosity finally got the better of me. The cost of education………
Would you like to do a swap for a once used Petrichor that I am not a fan of. I do love Cologne Russe though.

I have had dealings with Aramex. They used to operate under a different name here (I can't remember what), and acquired such a bad reputation, people just stopped using them. They haven't improved under the new name. :rolleyes:

Cologne Russe didn't appeal to me either. The scent reminds me of a shampoo that was cheap and common in the 70s.

Fastway. Also know as NoWay [we will deliver your parcel this year]

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Zingari Man - The Explorer - thanks (y)@Wilkskire13
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Had just enough left of this sample for today's shave, having last visited it in April. Glad I hung on to it, a nice woodsy scent in a great base. (y)
You're welcome, one of my favourite soaps

Brush: Chisel & Hound + Maggard 24mm SHD
Soap: Noble Otter - RAWR
Razor: ATT Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

With the equinox today, I thought it would be fitting to use a spring scented soap. Excellent shave and skin feels really good and protected. No hint of irritation or nicks anywhere.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vintage Klenzo with Silvertip Badger knot
Soap/Aftershave:- Wholly Kaw - Washington's Blend

22 September 2021
Razor:-
Haircut & Shave Co. N075
Blade:- Gillette Minora (3)

23 September 2021
Razor:-
#58 - Aussie Aristocrat Junior
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (3)
X83TDu6.jpg