Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

One of the many things I like about P&C is all the good advice and not just about manscaping there is some good advice about landscaping too ;)

Heeded @borked advice because my old B&S 4 stroke is on it's last legs and I wanted something quieter
$799 Special includes the Beast of a Blower that feels more like a jet engine than a blower. I'd love to hang this off the back of a dinghy
nDsB9QV.jpg

Thanks @borked
Not a problem, glad the several years cutting grass as a teen came in use and subsequently I could help others with the experience of that and ownership of their equipment.
BTW check if they have abanpurchase rebate offers going currently, as you may be entitled to a free battery or the like.

Not a problem, glad the several years cutting grass as a teen came in use and subsequently I could help others with the experience of that and ownership of their equipment.
BTW check if they have abanpurchase rebate offers going currently, as you may be entitled to a free battery or the like.

Cheeky buggers I wonder if the deal being $1 below was intentional

https://egopowerplus.com.au/redemption

MORE BUZZ FOR YOUR BUCK
1 Spend $800 or more on participating EGO products between 1 October and 31 December 2021
2 Register your claim by January 31, 2022 at egopowerplus.com.au/promo
3 Receive your free battery once approved

I'll definitely inquire but if not eligible it is still a great deal and I reckon the battery will last 2 x weeks mowing the whole yard

Cheeky buggers I wonder if the deal being $1 below was intentional

https://egopowerplus.com.au/redemption

MORE BUZZ FOR YOUR BUCK
1 Spend $800 or more on participating EGO products between 1 October and 31 December 2021
2 Register your claim by January 31, 2022 at egopowerplus.com.au/promo
3 Receive your free battery once approved

I'll definitely inquire but if not eligible it is still a great deal and I reckon the battery will last 2 x weeks mowing the whole yard
Nothing else in their range to grab to get you over if they quibble over a single dollar?

Oh and for those wondering...
MY self propelled EGO munching through wet grass high enough to partially camouflage it!
A pic to show it's not just talk!
A9QoKhp.jpg

Nothing else in their range to grab to get you over if they quibble over a single dollar?

MY self propelled EGO munching through wet grass high enough to partially camouflage it!
A9QoKhp.jpg
Why don’t you get yourself two pet goat so you don’t have to worry about mowing the bloody lawn

A9QoKhp.jpg
My wallabies, pademelons and bettongs keep my grass mowed to a perfect, uniform length of exactly 5.7mm. Nobody needs a lawnmower here...

Why don’t you get yourself two pet goat so you don’t have to worry about mowing the bloody lawn
Because you would expect me to give you goats milk and lard to make your own soaps, then worse still, not share with me! ;)
Truthfully I doubt my LGA authorises it and if it did, I would be fighting off the natives who would want to char grill it!
Probably tasty though to be fair.

Because you would expect me to give you goats milk and lard to make your own soaps, then worse still, not share with me! ;)
Truthfully I doubt my LGA authorises it and if it did, I would be fighting off the natives who would want to char grill it!
Probably tasty though to be fair.
Nah... You keep the goat milk, just make sure you keep @bald as away from your refrigerator, because, he always sneaks during the night drinking all the bloody milk.

giphy.gif

I've carried a folding knife in my pocket for as long as I can remember. The old Buck has done an admirable job but it was time for a new knife. Which one to choose? I bought both.

QSP Mustang EDC Knife

Boker Scout Thuya Wood Lockback Folder Knife

Last edited:
I've carried a folding knife in my pocket for as long as I can remember. The old Buck has done an admirable job but it was time for a new knife. Which one to choose? I bought both.

QSP Mustang EDC Knife

Boker Scout Thuya Wood Lockback Folder Knife

Nice Knife. I have a few back home. Unfortunately wairing one now where I am, I would end up with a criminal record.

OK e-tailers, THIS is how you do it -

Order placed 5:30pm last Wednesday from the store in Melbourne. Spent enough for free postage. Arrived 11:28 in Canberra this morning.

A little too early to taste test but ...

678XRn9l.jpg

OK e-tailers, THIS is how you do it -

Order placed 5:30pm last Wednesday from the store in Melbourne. Spent enough for free postage. Arrived 11:28 in Canberra this morning.

A little too early to taste test but ...

678XRn9l.jpg
Never too early for a bit of day drinking. Makes monday a bit bloody better

Kinda a different thing but…
We are finally getting around to doing something with the barren front yard.
Being in lockdown I did a contactless pickup thing but with only two trips you can get 17 bushes in a getz.
PB2LRo8.jpg

I also added a dozen or so purple irises to the rose garden.

I would love to be able to downsize to something like that. It sometimes seems like my ute costs $50 in fuel just to get to the end of the driveway. But I suspect a getz wouldn't last long if I loaded it like this...
branch.jpg
You are quite correct about my 1.4, maybe the 1.6 would take it.
Honestly I often consider buying a ute or something to tow a trailer but when I do the maths the fact that 99% of the time I’m not lugging anything major but rather just driving to work, alone.
its cheap and easy to just figure a work around as required.

You are quite correct about my 1.4, maybe the 1.6 would take it.
Honestly I often consider buying a ute or something to tow a trailer but when I do the maths the fact that 99% of the time I’m not lugging anything major but rather just driving to work, alone.
its cheap and easy to just figure a work around as required.
I had a little older holden cruze, before i smashed it i was going to get a tow ball put onto it, from memory its about $1500 or so and can at least take a small trailor for the times you really just need a bit of space to get stuff home or to the tip

People these days will not believe that when I left home at 17, there was still no electricity connected to the family home. We relied on a couple of Tilley pressure lights in the kitchen, and a wick kerosene lantern in the bathroom. Dad was a light sleeper and kept a Big Jim torch beside the bed where he could immediately put his hand on it if one of us kids moved. I think that's where my fascination with torches began and I've always had a good torch with me.
Lately though my obsession has grown. Black Friday sales are in full swing and when this torch was offered at $200 off I bit the bullet this morning. It's a Olight X9R Marauder 25,000lumen monster.