Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck as you know you want one as consensus says its the best SE razor made and you know you want one... Heck I sure do! o_O
I don’t bloody want a Vector, I’ve got my Colonial General v1.0 Stainless Steel and I’m thinking about getting the v2.0 head.

d9Nqzas.png

RR HAWK V2 Electric Blue / Schick Proline
Oumo 26mm Lotus Manchuria SHD Badger
B&M Le Grand Chypre Shaving Soap & AS

AND to both of you they are still available, not for long! Once this run is done it will be a looooooooooonnnng time before they are available again. :D
This is why I jumped when I did. It’s such a fanfuggentastic razor, even if I was on a sabbatical I’d buy now and put away for New Years Day.

First run of B&M and Terror. Well .......I've had colder. Was expecting the feel of NO Orbit as it too is synthetically mentholated. Similar in it has no real definitive fragrance. The base is amazing and produced easy thick slick lather. Very impressed. It's cool but not worth the warning label. Usually the last pass is the coldest but this seemed to just hit it's sweet spot and stay the same.

Still far colder that I have are
NO orbit
Stirling Iced Pineapple
Stirling MITA
AND BY FAR
Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo that induces tears.

Razor-1928 Gillette Popular
Blade-Israeli Red Persona
Brush-Yaqi space tuxedo
Soap-B&M Terror
Aftershave-Vintage Avon Everest

This is why I jumped when I did. It’s such a fanfuggentastic razor, even if I was on a sabbatical I’d buy now and put away for New Years Day.
Yeah its on my shopping list for sure and just waiting till pay day later this week... Machined Ti as can't justify the price of polished and I prefer the rugged look ;)

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Vitos Menthol & Eucalpytus shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: AoS Sandalwood gel
Fragrance: N/A

I wish it would properly warm up in Canberra so I could fully appreciate the menthol ...

7ZvFntbl.jpg

Lupo 72
Gillette Minora
Zenith Boar 27mm
Tabac
Brut 33

after all these shaves I am still enjoying shaving with Tabac very much, this may well be my#1 soap. It will be interesting to see how how my other soaps compare. Might be spending more time with one soap each time instead of chopping and changing daily as you really get to know a soap better

51629505415_654f16f6ca_b.jpg

Yeah its on my shopping list for sure and just waiting till pay day later this week... Machined Ti as can't justify the price of polished and I prefer the rugged look ;)

The machined finish is far from rugged, It is actually polished, just to a lower grit than the polished finish. Titanium looks fantastic this way. Differentiates Ti from SS.

4.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Monsoon Malabar, India

Might be spending more time with one soap each time instead of chopping and changing daily as you really get to know a soap better

Yeah, lately I've been enjoying just picking a soap to use for a week, with one or other of my top favourites as a treat for the weekend. Taking time to sniff the roses. Or lavender in this case :) the MdC Rose is on my list for next year...

The machined finish is far from rugged, It is actually polished, just to a lower grit than the polished finish. Titanium looks fantastic this way. Differentiates Ti from SS.
I own a titanium Seiko and love the machined look but then again my polished Alpha brush looks stunning. Looks like my Sabbatical will be over soon... :bag:

4.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Monsoon Malabar, India

Yeah, lately I've been enjoying just picking a soap to use for a week, with one or other of my top favourites as a treat for the weekend. Taking time to sniff the roses. Or lavender in this case :) the MdC Rose is on my list for next year...

MdC rose is excellent, I’m sure u will like it.. might be on the lookout for a nice lavender, which do u recommend?

MdC rose is excellent, I’m sure u will like it.. might be on the lookout for a nice lavender, which do u recommend?
If you like a pure, full-on bright lavender, my choice is Castle Forbes (which calls itself a cream, but is really more of a croap). If you like a more peppery lavender, the Mystic Water is fantastic. The latter takes quite a bit of time (and lots of water) to build your lather, and some people have trouble with it, but it's well worth the effort. Today's shave was sublime. I really like the Czech & Speake (Valobra) milled soap (now pretty much only obtainable on Fleabay), that's got a bit of peppermint and oakmoss in it as well. I'm happy to send you samples of all of them if you like.

If you like a pure, full-on bright lavender, my choice is Castle Forbes (which calls itself a cream, but is really more of a croap). If you like a more peppery lavender, the Mystic Water is fantastic. The latter takes quite a bit of time (and lots of water) to build your lather, and some people have trouble with it, but it's well worth the effort. Today's shave was sublime. I really like the Czech & Speake (Valobra) milled soap (now pretty much only obtainable on Fleabay), that's got a bit of peppermint and oakmoss in it as well. I'm happy to send you samples of all of them if you like.

if you don’t mind that would awesome, much appreciated

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentleman shaving soap
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (3)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentleman balm / splash

Stirling is always a product that I wonder after I use it why I don't use it more. Great stuff and thanks for making it so available locally @Ozwhisker !

0KEYXEOl.jpg

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: WCS - Honeycomb white 26mm synthetic
Soap/Cream: WCS / Oleo soapworks - Chypre
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (4)
Post-shave: WCS / Oleo soapworks - Chypre AS splash / A&E skin food nourshing cream.

2 Pass WTG Daily shave = DFS+. Another awesome shave with the Vector.

Really like this soap/splash fragrance. This is a straight up Classic Chypre scent with all the classic ingredients, sweet, resinous, and quite strong scented, perfect for summer outdoors.
Using my cold weather moisturiser in the warmer weather as a trial. Using less and adding a few drops of water to a small pea size amount of cream supplies enough moisturiser for the entire face and neck.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentleman shaving soap
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (3)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentleman balm / splash

Stirling is always a product that I wonder after I use it why I don't use it more. Great stuff and thanks for making it so available locally @Ozwhisker !

0KEYXEOl.jpg
Tell us the truth @Mark1966 ........................................... Do you really smell like a real gentleman

Status
Not open for further replies.