Hello from Cremorne

Star

Hello from North Cremorne, NSW and very green.

Similar path got me to DE wet shaving - expensive cartridges, so so electric shaver, and curious about the skill and variables to master with old school wet shaving.

Currently using a Merkur Progress 3 pass (5-3-1) and going through different blades with TOBS Peppermint shaving cream.

Welcome aboard @Star !

Three passes (albeit with reduced adjustment) is a few - if you do get razor burn you might want to dial back to two

If things go a little sideways as you go through blades don't hesitate to find one and stick with it for a while

Currently using a Merkur Progress 3 pass (5-3-1) and going through different blades with TOBS Peppermint shaving cream.

Astra blades go well in my Merkur razors so give them a go if you haven't already and you can't go wrong with TOBS soaps.

Similar path got me to DE wet shaving - expensive cartridges, so so electric shaver, and curious about the skill and variables to master with old school wet shaving.

Welcome @Star !

Astra blades go well in my Merkur razors so give them a go if you haven't already and you can't go wrong with TOBS soaps.
Thanks . I have tried Astra, Nacet, Lord Platinums. The first 2 were great and still in contention to use again. The Lords were not great ie

thanks. I have currently used Astra, Nacet, and Lords platinum. The first two were good and I would consider using again. The lords were not great i.e. felt relatively less sharp, less efficient, less of a clise shave. Next test raises will be Gillette platinum followed by persona Reds. Cheers

Give Cloud blades a go too if you get the chance. They are Chinese made but don't let that put you off, they aren't bad at all.

Welcome to P&C @Star - wonderful to have you here (y)

@Star

86574848cbc898ebb5938f59f97ac52d7ba327c7_hq.jpg

I have currently used Astra, Nacet, and Lords platinum. The first two were good and I would consider using again. The lords were not great i.e. felt relatively less sharp, less efficient, less of a clise shave. Next test raises will be Gillette platinum followed by persona Reds. Cheers
Don't give up on the Lords completely yet, just put them aside maybe even for a few years. It's very possible that you may find down the track that they're OK for you after all. Just like many of us go all-in at the outset with aggressive razors like the R41 and find later on that they do as well or better with a milder but efficient razors. Take your time and make changes slowly.