Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
k5q5Pru.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: E&S Rasage Traditionnel Equinoxe (tallow)
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose Aftershave Balm
Scent: Floris No 89 EDT

Superb shave. Very impressive soap and balm, and it is no faint praise to say that their scents were complementary to that of the Eau de Toilette.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: 3P shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable razor (6)
Blade: Feather (4)
Post-shave: Bootleggers El Dorado splash
Fragrance: N/A

Going old school today, nice results but last shave for this blade. I've enjoyed the Feathers blade, but they have a limited life.

WoJlmkTl.jpg

If you haven't got any of the Bootlegger mixes you should, maybe keep an eye out for #charityauction2022?

Another magnificent shave above for @TomG !

Last edited:
TNp6SY9l.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Towel
Brush: YAQI Viper Boar
Razor: Boker Abalone Straight Razor 6/8
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Texas On Fire
Post-shave: 18 Bones Post Shave Butter Mist
Splash: Stirling Soap Co. Texas On Fire EDP

First time with Texas On Fire, the scent wasn't what I was expecting straight off the tub and thought that I may have made a mistake in buying it. That changed when I lathered the soap, as the fire notes came out and it was more like what I was hoping for. As for Mrs Nanook, she hates it......

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 27mm Ω piggy-wig
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co.- The Lavender Patch
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Same as yesterday. I think I'll just make this my SOTW. This boar knot, from an Omega 10098 kindly sent to me by @Holiday, took a long time to stop smelling like a wet dog, and longer still to stop eating my lather. Now it's settling in nicely, and the tips are beginning to feel luxurious. For a time, the Forgotten Art handle was getting little use while it was still set with a Tux, but now it's becoming a real friend. Thanks @Holiday(y)

Same as yesterday. I think I'll just make this my SOTW. This boar knot, from an Omega 10098 kindly sent to me by @Holiday, took a long time to stop smelling like a wet dog, and longer still to stop eating my lather. Now it's settling in nicely, and the tips are beginning to feel luxurious. For a time, the Forgotten Art handle was getting little use while it was still set with a Tux, but now it's becoming a real friend. Thanks @Holiday
Glad to see that knot in a decent handle and in regular rotation(y)

Glad to see that knot in a decent handle and in regular rotation(y)
Yeah, it's almost like Omega want you to do this, they make it so easy to get the knot out. (Drill a hole in the bottom of the handle, punch out the knot from below, then make a cut or two in the collar and you're done.)

Funny thing with boars, until they're broken in, you don't want to use them. But you can only break them in by using them. It's worth it though, I'm enjoying this one immensely, and that handle (my first Forgotten Art work) is so comfortable in my hand. Thanks again. :)

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

Four really was maxing out the Feather, probably one too far, so nice to slip in a Polsilver today

HeyK4Kcl.jpg

f9sIopS.png

Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Brush: Butterscotch Opal 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
Soap: ‌Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood Shaving Cream

Last edited:
s.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 27mm Ω piggy-wig
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co.- The Lavender Patch
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Same as yesterday. I think I'll just make this my SOTW. This boar knot, from an Omega 10098 kindly sent to me by @Holiday, took a long time to stop smelling like a wet dog, and longer still to stop eating my lather. Now it's settling in nicely, and the tips are beginning to feel luxurious. For a time, the Forgotten Art handle was getting little use while it was still set with a Tux, but now it's becoming a real friend. Thanks @Holiday(y)

mine had the same issue of smelling like a wet dog, and couldnt agree with you more.. its a fantastic knot

A few things rocked up yesterday, @Gargravarr's travelling Claymore Evolution and this Noir Et Vanille set from a mate, were among them
Figured why not give both a go!

First impression of the Claymore is that it is a bit more aggressive (Blade feel maybe?) than the Hawk V3, but gave a very close shave with one of my Schick Proline blades that had a few uses on it. I will give it a few more shaves with different new blades to figure out if I like it or not.

Noir Et Vanille is an odd scent, which I really like, and the splash has a slight fruitiness to it the soap doesn't, which makes me love it more.

H- SOTD 10.08.22

…….Getting back into the swing of things

25-BD3-ACA-9-C6-C-4220-9-DA2-9578-AF57-E3-EC.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot towel
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap/Aftershave:- T&D Old Fashioned
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette 7o’clock Shadow
Topped up: Leaf Razor + Gillette 7 o’clock shadow
Moisturiser: Neutrogena - Hydro Boost

So - got a package this afternoon with some Triumph & Disaster Old Fashioned in. Old skool smell - like a combination of citrus fruit, powdery soap, and blue sterilising fluid.

I struggled to get a good lather that held. It was easy enough to get a lather, but I found it almost bubbles Away. Tried whipping up a lather in a bowl but also struggled. Will likely give it one more go, otherwise it’ll become a travel soap for a quick cartridge razor shave.

Resulted in an average shave tbh. Ended up doing a top up shave with the leaf. Roll on Saturday…. I’ve already got the moon soap
and freeze drops out

C

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

Four really was maxing out the Feather, probably one too far, so nice to slip in a Polsilver today

HeyK4Kcl.jpg

Now if you had used your Charcoal Goods razor then I really would have been jealous instead of just a little.

d10EI8D.png

Birthday Shave
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Gillette ’47 Milord
Blade: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
Brush: Ever-Ready Faux Ivory 18mm Silvertip Badger
Soap: ‌OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap

Last edited:
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: N/A

Another day, another APR shave

9JjMcDcl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.