138 shaves

Rabid Badger

2018 Charity Auction Winner
Okay, so I decided to get all nerdy this morning. I wanted to know how much soap I was loading onto my brush.

Now of course, all of this will depend on the soap, brush, load force etc and this is by no means scientific as there are far too many variables. However, for entertainment's sake here we go .

Starting mass of my Skye Fall soap with lid on was 0.377 lb . Post shave, and having left the lid ajar so that it could dry of any remaining moisture, was 0.375 lb. Yes, a grand total of 0.002 lb . Now this equates to 0.907 grams .

Taken that the APR soaps are 125 g soaps I should be good for another 137.8 shaves .

Now, I've got 21 soaps, and for arguments sake, let's say their average mass is 90 grams, this means I won't need anymore soaps until:

21 soaps X 90 grams = 1890 grams
1890 grams/0.907grams brush load = 2084 days from today............

6th May 2024

Just as well my birthday is in May .

5 year sabbatical???

@Rabid Badger I like your maths.
So if you were a five day shaver it would be roughly two soap tubs a year.
Yeah, I've got your problem too.

Hypothetical would you purchase a soap with half the amount for 35% less in cost?

Last edited:
@Rabid Badger I like your maths.
So if you were a five day shaver it would be roughly two soap tubs a year.
Yeah, I've got your problem too.

Hypothetical would you purchase a soap with half the amount for 35% less in cost?

Absolutely, I reckon that there is a gap in the market. 60 g artisan soaps, in good wide mouthed tubs for a 1g load . Should be good for 12 weeks of 5 shaves/week .

@todras, @SchoolForAnts, new soap name???: 138. 60g special release.....

I think that since I've been doing this wet shaving thing properly, I've only finished 4 soaps. A tin of Windsor that I got from the shaver shop many years back, two Proraso green and one Proraso red. Those were all before my headlong decent into pogonotomy and S.A.D.

Okay, so I decided to get all nerdy this morning. I wanted to know how much soap I was loading onto my brush.

Now of course, all of this will depend on the soap, brush, load force etc and this is by no means scientific as there are far too many variables. However, for entertainment's sake here we go .

Starting mass of my Skye Fall soap with lid on was 0.377 lb . Post shave, and having left the lid ajar so that it could dry of any remaining moisture, was 0.375 lb. Yes, a grand total of 0.002 lb . Now this equates to 0.907 grams .

Taken that the APR soaps are 125 g soaps I should be good for another 137.8 shaves .

Now, I've got 21 soaps, and for arguments sake, let's say their average mass is 90 grams, this means I won't need anymore soaps until:

6th May 2024

5 year sabbatical???

now, I don't shave everyday, so I'm probably good until at least 2026.

I think that since I've been doing this wet shaving thing properly, I've only finished 4 soaps. A tin of Windsor that I got from the shaver shop many years back, two Proraso green and one Proraso red. Those were all before my headlong decent into pogonotomy and S.A.D.

You ain't alone there @Rabid Badger....

6th May 2024

5 year sabbatical???

Man you need a hobby!!

Man you need a hobby!!
@Bucephalus you're asking @Rabid Badger to take up a shaving hobby in a sexy camel leather exotica outfit :cautious::yuck:

LtMUo0e.gif

Last edited: