2020 Tim Keech Memorial auction for the Cancer Council

Why don't we persuade the Boss to create a Non-Banners Banner (the banner for all who haven't earned one). That way everyone who hasn't earned one could have one and we could all feel warm and fuzzy :)

FTFY with some favourite quotes from the forum

Where's the bloody vaccine first, before you used the Covid-19 P&C Scuttle
While awaiting vaccine....
Use a glove, mask or even hand sanitiser,
I prefer an alternative alcohol:

COVID%20Whisky.jpg

I know what I am shaving with this Saturday 😊

DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor and matching brush stropped on DC Blades Custom Kangaroo & Cotton Strop.

yT7zU0U.jpg

Everything about this package oozes quality and craftsmanship. Every item triple wrapped in layers of tissue paper, foam and foil bubble wrap, neatly packed and padded tightly in the box. Even a little sock for the razor.

tVJIU1w.jpg

In addition to master blacksmith, machinist and leather maker @Substance may also be an origami master the individual packages were wrapped so perfectly.

ZpP8J5B.jpg

The enclosed blade, brush, stand and strop are stunning. The gold and black resin brush and scales have a translucent swirling gold effect against the darker opaque black and brown that provides three-dimensional depth to the swirls reminding me of bubbling oil Black Gold

The luxuriously soft kangaroo strop yields the DC logo and quality fittings

The brush is a 24mm Silver Tip Badger bulb with a nice high silky soft loft and decent backbone

Fao92Nr.jpg

I might nickname the blade The Cleaver as it is my first 8/8 and it has a nice heft and depth to it and the level of detail is amazing with Bolher O1 tool steel ground to full double hollow DC logo engraved on the tang and Paste & Cut – Tim Keech Memorial 2020 engraved on the spine and Certificate of Authenticity.

7FDnns6.jpg

Tying it all together is the beautiful display stand @Substance added free of charge T/H

Thank you again @Substance for such a beautifully crafted set, @alfredus and @Mark1966 for organising and @Monsta_AU for hosting

DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor and matching brush stropped on DC Blades Custom Kangaroo & Cotton Strop.

yT7zU0U.jpg

Everything about this package oozes quality and craftsmanship. Every item triple wrapped in layers of tissue paper, foam and foil bubble wrap, neatly packed and padded tightly in the box. Even a little sock for the razor.

tVJIU1w.jpg

In addition to master blacksmith, machinist and leather maker @Substance may also be an origami master the individual packages were wrapped so perfectly.

ZpP8J5B.jpg

The enclosed blade, brush, stand and strop are stunning. The gold and black resin brush and scales have a translucent swirling gold effect against the darker opaque black and brown that provides three-dimensional depth to the swirls reminding me of bubbling oil Black Gold

The brush is a 24mm Silver Tip Badger bulb with a nice high silky soft loft and decent backbone

Fao92Nr.jpg

I might nickname the blade The Cleaver as it is my first 8/8 and it has a nice heft and depth to it and the level of detail is amazing with Bolher O1 tool steel ground to full double hollow DC logo engraved on the tang and Paste & Cut – Tim Keech Memorial 2020 engraved on the spine and Certificate of Authenticity.

7FDnns6.jpg

Tying it all together is the beautiful display stand @Substance added free of charge T/H

Thank you again @Substance for such a beautifully crafted set, @alfredus and @Mark1966 for organising and @Monsta_AU for hosting

WOW, just WOW - that looks incredible.

Almost makes me want to shave with a straight!

yT7zU0U.jpg

tVJIU1w.jpg

ZpP8J5B.jpg

Fao92Nr.jpg

7FDnns6.jpg

Very impressive!! Not sure I could wait until Saturday.(y)(y)(y)

yT7zU0U.jpg

tVJIU1w.jpg

ZpP8J5B.jpg

Fao92Nr.jpg

7FDnns6.jpg

Ye gods @Substance it looks even better than the photos in the auction. Thanks for your contribution to the cause this year.

yT7zU0U.jpg

tVJIU1w.jpg

ZpP8J5B.jpg

Fao92Nr.jpg

7FDnns6.jpg

thanks for the review, very glad you are happy with it mate, hope you enjoy the shaves for a life time and then get to possibly pass this on to your kids or grandkids, to enjoy for many more life times ahead
happy shaving

Ye gods @Substance it looks even better than the photos in the auction. Thanks for your contribution to the cause this year.
My pleasure mate,