2021 Sabbatical anyone?

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
I'm going to take time out over the next year to use up some of the stuff cluttering up my bathroom cabinet (and bedside table, and cupboard under the stairs). Actually, I already started a few weeks ago.

If nothing else, it should leave more money for whisky. :p

Anyone care to join me? I haven't heard anything about making it official, so I assume @Monsta_AU isn't keen on the idea, for whatever reason.

There are a couple of reasons why we are not keen on having official sabbaticals here - first and foremost we want to save you the embarrassment - seriously there are very few who actually make it through a couple of months, let alone a whole year ;)

Also what is the point of having a wonderful forum like this, when you don't want to enable and even worse don't want to be enabled :D :D :D

I'm going to take time out over the next year to use up some of the stuff cluttering up my bathroom cabinet (and bedside table, and cupboard under the stairs). Actually, I already started a few weeks ago.

Anyone care to join me? I haven't heard anything about making it official, so I assume @Monsta_AU isn't keen on the idea, for whatever reason.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's my understanding that banners were a tradition but something happened in 2018 to spoil it... :(
I managed an Unofficial Sabbatical in 2019 (barring a couple of freebies via Meet Up) with plans of doing another one in 2021 to focus on using up my abundant soaps/splashes/blades. Only thing that will tempt me is when my name comes up for a Wolfman but even then I'm happy with the current gear and have placed last minute orders to see out this year!

giphy.gif

...first and foremost we want to save you the embarrassment - seriously there are very few who actually make it through a couple of months, let alone a whole year ;)
So if I flunk it, you all get to have a good laugh at me. Who cares? A bit of mockery won't kill me, and if it adds a bit of fun to your day, I'm happy with that.
...Also what is the point of having a wonderful forum like this, when you don't want to enable and even worse don't want to be enabled :D:D:D
Enabling isn't just about buying more "stuff" and greasing the wheels of consumerism, it's also about helping people to enjoy or make the best use of what they do have.

So if I flunk it, you all get to have a good laugh at me. Who cares? A bit of mockery won't kill me, and if it adds a bit of fun to your day, I'm happy with that.

@alfredus, just give him the sabbatical fail banner now so we can close this thread. :LOL:

Vote 1 @Gargravarr sabbatical fail 2021:LOL::)

How many years am I on now? This will be my 5th calendar year I think, but it’s already been 4.5 years since I felt the need to buy anything but a replacement brush after my omega 10005 fell apart.

Hmmm, as a matter of historical interest (it's a slow night here), I went back through the posts to see what went wrong in 2018, the last "official" sabbatical. Seems @todras set the cat amongst the pigeons in May of that year by claiming that some undisclosed sabbatee had placed an APR order, but not fessed up, thus souring the pot for everyone else. There's a nasty little creature in the back of my mind with a wide streak of cynicism that is hinting very loudly that it just might be in his interest to play games with everybody... :sneaky:

So I'm happy to keep mine unofficial, so if I fall off the wagon, it reflects on nobody else, and I will cheerfully submit to whatever ridicule and mockery everybody chooses to mete out. :D

Last edited:
Hmmm, as a matter of historical interest (it's a slow night here), I went back through the posts to see what went wrong in 2018, the last "official" sabbatical. Seems @todras set the cat amongst the pigeons in May of that year by claiming that some undisclosed sabbatee had placed an APR order, but not fessed up, thus souring the pot for everyone else. There's a nasty little creature in the back of my mind with a wide streak of cynicism that is hinting very loudly that it just might be in his interest to play games with everybody... :sneaky:

So I'm happy to keep mine unofficial, so if I fall off the wagon, it reflects on nobody else, and I will cheerfully submit to whatever ridicule and mockery everybody chooses to mete out. :D

Interesting I went back to that thread and had a read. There is no way in hell I would go on a sabbatical with all the great APR releases that were happening at the time. Makes sense why they cracked.:LOL:

There's a nasty little creature in the back of my mind with a wide streak of cynicism that is hinting very loudly that it just might be in his interest to play games with everybody...
I doubt he gives 2 rats butt holes actually. He’s got bigger and better things to do than cause drama on a shave forum. That’s Bazza’s game.

Interesting I went back to that thread and had a read. There is no way in hell I would go on a sabbatical with all the great APR releases that were happening at the time. Makes sense why they cracked.:LOL:
I have a feeling all those APR products would be lost on me. It's not that my sniffer isn't up to scratch: I'm a master cheesemaker, and have been a cheese judge on many occasions, it's just that I'm coming to the conclusion that my olfactory senses appreciate simpler scents.