404 errors and pages not loading

drwevil

Hi
I thought I would report that I am getting a lot of 404 errors, pages not loading or just a blank page.
I am using Safari on a Mac and I am on iinet. Mac OS 10.12.2
I will try on my PC later on today and let you know.

Cheers
Rich

Hi
I thought I would report that I am getting a lot of 404 errors, pages not loading or just a blank page.
I am using Safari on a Mac and I am on iinet. Mac OS 10.12.2
I will try on my PC later on today and let you know.

Cheers
Rich

Hmmm OK

@Monsta_AU

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on my PC now and seems ok it may be a Safari issue as the page loaded ok in Chrome on the mac, just couldn't log in as facebook on chrome is in my wife's account and I didn't want to sign her out for me to sign in.

I'd like to say it's a Mac issue, but likely some plugin you have running on Safari.

I will have a closer look and let you know.
FWIW your site runs great on an iPhone 6.
It seems fine in my pc too.

In Firefox it seems OK so far so I am going to call it an issue with Safari... but if I notice anything else i will let you know.

In the absence of the problem being that you own and use a Mac, I would say you have routing or peerage issues occurring at the ISP level, from time to time I get the same thing happening. As people have rightly suggested, switching browsers and checking for plugin conflicts aside, you could try flushing your browser cache, or indeed re syncing your internet connection to see if it has any effect (power cycling the gateway I think they call it in the lingo). Checking your ISP's status page may indicate an outage or a known fault too although with peerage issues ISP's tend to obfuscate and hurl a lot of BS.

Over the last 3 or 4 days mensbiz has been as slow as buggery for me too, I'm in inner Sydney and I'm on an ADSL2+ connection around 300 metres from the exchange so I sit on a stable, relatively fast (downstream) connection.

Also, yes, FireFox with uBlock Origin & Disconnect me FTW.

I am on iinet cable 100 meg down 40 up.
Thanks for the tip of flushing the cache I will try it.
I have cycled the router and the modem.
Mensbiz is slow here in all my devices that might be an issue with my setup or iinet.

Mensbiz is slow here in all my devices that might be an issue with my setup or iinet.

That's a coincidence, I am with iinet too and mensbiz has been slow for me also. I suspect their peerage or routing is up the fritz, probably all the cutbacks and redundancies since they sold out

That's a coincidence, I am with iinet too and mensbiz has been slow for me also. I suspect their peerage or routing is up the fritz, probably all the cutbacks and redundancies since they sold out
Did the tpg sale go through?

Did the tpg sale go through?

Months ago, since then their SLA's have arsed out, quality of service has plummeted and subscribers have left in droves.

I stay with them as I am 260 meters from the local exchange and on ADSL2+ the closer you are the faster it is. I sit on about 22360kbps downstream for months on end which for ADSL2+ in Sydney is not to bad given the abysmal state of Telstras copper network.

I'm with internode (on NBN) and have noticed nothing, except for not being notified that one of the items they sold me (Fritzbox!) was easily hackable (and indeed had been, draining my voip account).

I'm with internode (on NBN) and have noticed nothing, except for not being notified that one of the items they sold me (Fritzbox!) was easily hackable (and indeed had been, draining my voip account).

IInet acquired internode some time back, TPG bought out the lot if I am not mistaken.

I wish I was on the NBN, I reckon it will be another 10 years before Sydney gets it to any degree.

Yeah, I realised that - I've had Netspace, iinet, Internode, and AAPT at some stage as my ISPs - and they are all now owned by TPG