$9 a cart.

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
That how much the Fusion Pro glide is. I was in Coles today and saw the sticker price $36 per pack and I thought that would be for 8 blades, maybe 6. But it's 4.

How much of a lend are they having? These things are going to hit $10 or more, no worries about that. At what point is your average bloke going to realise he's being bent over? $15 a cart? $20?

Gillette have pretty much caned the 5 blader for years now. They have to come up with something else, some major marketing bullshit, to get blades to $15 or more. They want to, we know that. While they see blokes worldwide are dumb enough to fall for their shit and keep paying for it, they'll keep dreaming it up. The bastards don't even discount the old twins much, like the Sensor, so Gillette keeps locking blokes into fixed price points.

I can see the ease of use in carts - used them for years and I do get a closer shave more easily, although its not worth $5+ per cart for the privilege. But nothing has technically changed since the Mach 3, which was a small, but more robust improvement on the clattery Sensor. You can get the same shave out of either. But their blades are still blunt compared to a good DE - they get away with it with the pivot, which IMO was their only genuine innovation. The rest is bollox designed to upsell the clueless punter.

I'm glad I'm out of it. While I might spend a similar amount of shave gear, it's money I choose to spend, rather than being made to.

Only one razor and only one available blade. You can get both at any supermarket or pharmacy. What is there not to like about it? Damn sight cheaper then DE shaving.

Only one razor and only one available blade. You can get both at any supermarket or pharmacy. What is there not to like about it? Damn sight cheaper then DE shaving.

So long as the Buckley's option suits you.

I don't buy razors. I buy shave stuff other than soap and blades, so that's money I'd be spending on top anyway. Most cart users would buy a balm or moisturiser, maybe a cologne or 3 if they're into that sort of thing, or under 30, and need help pulling chicks. And they need a can of something too.

Still brings you back to $9 frickin dollars.

So long as the Buckley's option suits you.

I don't buy razors. I buy shave stuff other than soap and blades, so that's money I'd be spending on top anyway. Most cart users would buy a balm or moisturiser, maybe a cologne or 3 if they're into that sort of thing, or under 30, and need help pulling chicks. And they need a can of something too.

Still brings you back to $9 frickin dollars.

I forgot to post a smiley. Again! I'm sure Mark's better half would be pleased if all he collected were pro-glides. And not to mention Monsta of course.

And not to mention Monsta of course.

When a DE blade makes $9 each, I am selling!

Hmmmm 12,000*9=$108,000.

Okay, Special for members, I will let my collection go for $100K neat, postage included.

:eek:mg:

I'm sure Mark's better half would be pleased if all he collected were pro-glides.

I claim that she got me into this by buying me [OK, at my suggestion] a Merkur 38c and some stuff from Mensbiz. All downhill from there!

Actually she appreciates the history of some of the stuff I've got. Doesn't want it displayed in the house but....

Actually she appreciates the history of some of the stuff I've got. Doesn't want it displayed in the house but....

There's some nice halogen or LED-lit display cases you can get for around the $800 mark. I think having everything behind glass keeps things looking neat and tidy.