A few razors, a hone and a couple of mugs....

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I decided that today was the day. It was time to take some updated pics of my stash as requested by a few people in different places. I threw a painting drop sheet over the pool table with the ping-pong table as the backdrop.

Opened the garage door for some light and it was time to take pics of most of the collection (nobody seems to want to see my Techs - they occupy another shelf). So with some apologies for the mediocre quality of the pics as basically I was just too lazy to arrange some proper lighting (it is summer holidays here after all) here they are in the order that they sit on the shelves in my wall unit where I store them.

From the top, shelf 1 (more pics here):

Mainly British TTOs

Shelf 2 (more pics here):

Mainly US items, TTOs especially.

Shelf 3 (more pics here);

Older Gillettes, including Double and Single Rings

Shelf 4 (more pics here):

Traveller sets and pocket edition sets

Finally, the wall cabinet. This is where it all started. A place to put my couple of uncased razors, that were never going to be a collection but just a few to use. More pics here.

I hope that this helps to sate the appetite for New Year photos!

Last edited:
Thanks for uploading the pics here Mark. I know you hated uploading pics here in the past, and it is a lot of work to take all the photos and upload them.
What's you favourite shelf?

edit:
Done any work on the razor-rescue.com website recently?

PS: You seem to have too many TTOs and OLDs; not nearly enough new improved or NEWs which are the best ones btw.

Last edited:
Thanks for uploading the pics here Mark. I know you hated uploading pics here in the past, and it is a lot of work to take all the photos and upload them.
What's you favourite shelf?

edit:
Done any work on the razor-rescue.com website recently?

PS: You seem to have too many TTOs and OLDs; not nearly enough new improved or NEWs which are the best ones btw.

The only trouble in the past was the limit on images which I worked around by the links - I confess I was a little lazy too. I posted this thread here and then cut and pasted into TSD and B&B, with a little modification ;) Of course the responses elsewhere did not come close to the shite I coped here in the other threads as a result!

Favourite shelf is a hard one. I was going to say shelf 1, but shelf 4 is nice too. Probably between those two with shelf 1 the best to use.

Need to work on the website and freshen it up soon. Doing some study again in the first half of this year so it might have to be a spring project :evil:

Last edited:
For me it's Shelf 4. Shite? What shite?

LOL! - nothing really, just Drubbing suggesting in the thread about the Aristocrat that my son will be the best armed serial killer in the ACT!

LOL! - nothing really, just Drubbing suggesting in the thread about the Aristocrat that my son will be the best armed serial killer in the ACT!

According to Google, the ACT hasn't yet had a serial killer so he could be right. Loads of them in WA so his son is safe.

According to Google, the ACT hasn't yet had a serial killer so he could be right. Loads of them in WA so his son is safe.

There isn't enough people in the ACT to have a serial killer!

63.4% of all serial killers are public servants. Or accountants. The ACT is a pot-boiler on simmer...

WOW, it is going to be a bloodbath here!

Now Drubbing next time you are thinking of giving me a new avatar just remember this statistic :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WOW, it is going to be a bloodbath here!

Now Drubbing next time you are thinking of giving me a new avatar just remember this statistic :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Of course you must remember Mark the one certain way of not becoming a victim is to become the killer. There is no case recorded of a serial killer being killed by a serial killer.
Just a helpful suggestion.

Glen

What do you want, an extra decimal point?

No, it's rock solid. To date no one from the ACT is/was a serial killer. 63.4% of serial killers are accountants or civil servants. Hence, QED, somebody with a shit ton of very sharp devices such as razors living in the ACt is going to end up a serial killer.

No, it's rock solid. To date no one from the ACT is/was a serial killer. 63.4% of serial killers are accountants or civil servants. Hence, QED, somebody with a shit ton of very sharp devices such as razors living in the ACt is going to end up a serial killer.

[insert music from Jaws here]