A week with no change

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
Being on holidays (Hah! 3 kids under 6, on Gold Coast, at the theme parks, yeah, ok that's a holiday then) last week, I had, for the first time in nearly 2 years, had to stick with the same shave gear every day. Just like I used to for the previous 30 odd years.

I'm glad I don't have to anymore. I took my Semogue 620, Proraso cream, AS, HD and a few blades. And the ol Brut. Oh, yeaah. I like all these things, but I wouldn't want to use them exclusively every day. OK, the Brut probably gets the guernsey. I'm barber shop cheap.

They all performed well, but unspectacularly. Given I didn't shave every day I should have got great results when I did. But I never got as close as I'd expect to. I reckon the water had something to do with it. It never felt quite the same working up the lather - it always seemed to need more work. Probably only things you notice because you notice these things being a shave nerd. The bathroom in our nice apartment wasn't great for shaving either. Very little natural light got in and the lighting wasn't as good as at home, so I didn't get the lie of the land like I usually do.

Oh, and unless your kids really, really, really need to see Bindi, don't bother with Australia Zoo. Not unless you've $200+ to drop on getting in. Luckily, Bindi was there and doing a photo shoot. My, she's, er... grown. I get the distinct whiff of 'I'm special' theatre brat and pushy mum, emanating from both. Since Irwin died, Terri's been into marketing overdrive for the place (let's be honest, now Irwin's dead they look much more like the empire they want to be, than the environmentalists they wanted to be seen as) - and the marketing works. Til you get there. Nice zoo. Pity there's not much to see there. 4 frickin hours round trip from the GC too.

In better news, bub No3 met Dorothy the Dinosaur at Wiggles World. Again, and again and again... and again. The wife must have fired off half the holiday snaps right there. Be good to show at her 18th, yes?

I always do a week with no change :confused:
Last week was mitchells, the 830 and the MM
This week is tabac, the SOC, the New improved and israeli super plats
Next week will be another fixed combo for the week.

Shaving with the same for more than a week or two, well yeah, that would be boring ;)
Glad I've got 3 brushes, 4 soaps, 5 different blades and 20 different razors.
:cheesy:

I did stick to 1 soap and one brush for a while as I liked it the best and didn't want to try any of the others I own, or buy any others I had heard about.
But always had my choice in razors and blades (didn't change the blade brand for the sake of it, just preferred certain blades in certain favourite razors)

Last edited:
I was trialling personna reds last week. Did not get a good shave at all last week.

Back to Bolzanos this week.
So much nicer.