Access Granted

we use locks literally made during the Vietnam and Korean wars.
if its extremely high security we have bio-metric scanners or finger print scanners.

I mainly bust into filing cabinets, personnel lockers and tool cabinets which people loose keys for.

filing cabinets!

Did somebody say filing cabinets?

I use a set of jiggliers for filing cabinets and car doors (up untill about 02’ anyway)

yeah that's what they are just machined differently but you use then like jigglers.
Sparrows just call them "coffin Keys"

you had much success using padlock shims?

So when my son was about 10 (he's now 12) he got into lock picking. Watched a lot of YouTube videos (think Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang and that is my son). He of course picked it up really quickly, and padlocks and normal door locks were becoming too easy. Next thing we know he has a flash looking door lock complete with handle etc...Picked it no worries and took great pleasure in showing any relative, friend or visitor that came over. He fashioned tools out of some thin round metal he flattened in certain areas. Anyways, never thought anything of it until a few weeks later cleaning up my shed. See about 5 months before this we had our front door remodelled and removed our $1000+ crimsafe security screen from it and put it in the shed for use later when we enclosed our deck. Little Bugger had gotten into my tools and hacksawed, tin snipped and cut the bloody handy and lock out of our door!! How he didn't slice himself open still beats me to this day. Couldn't get mad at it him, it was just so typically absent minded of him, bloody Sheldon Cooper! Laugh about this every time we think about it.....

yeah that's what they are just machined differently but you use then like jigglers.
Sparrows just call them "coffin Keys"

you had much success using padlock shims?
Yes and no, I’ve used them a couple of times and as a way to get access they are useful but I find most locks that aren’t guarded against shimming are just as easy to rake

Yes and no, I’ve used them a couple of times and as a way to get access they are useful but I find most locks that aren’t guarded against shimming are just as easy to rake

yeah I've found the same, I have an unopened 20 pack of sparrow shims I was given a few years back and ive never tried them.

yeah I've found the same, I have an unopened 20 pack of sparrow shims I was given a few years back and ive never tried them.
Shins are great when the lock manufacturer lucked into a good design as far as the keyway goes.

i may take them away with me. just in case.
ive seen how to use them just never pulled 'em out because as you say, if it can be shimmed it can be raked or bitch picked quite easily.

With eyes that are not as good as they were I've decided to learn the basics of mechanical watch repair [or destruction] so I can appreciate the interest in something that challenges your thoughts and dexterity.
That’s what it’s all about, they design em to keep us out and we do our best to get in.

I know who to call next time I lock myself out... I have even tried to throw a huge block to one the house widows once haha

PS, having a spare copy at the office is great but not the best when you lock yourself out on the weekend leaving inside the access card to the office.... still is cheaper to call a working mate to enter there and pay in beer, unless it happen in unreasobale hours xD

Thanks t g
H
bnhgh
Nm

Sorry. The one year old got into the phone.

Thanks t g
H
bnhgh
Nm
Have a baby pork chop :p:D
sXasgrh.jpg