Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
My son is always keen to get me shaving stuff - a good thing - but how do you buy me stuff when I have everything and the lists I give people as suggestions are ignored?

You go to the shopping centre of course!

Mrs1966 knows that the ShaverShop is a rip off and C&E stuff is rubbish so in her desperation she turns to - Aesop.

Now 10/10 for effort, I admire, respect and appreciate that.

I'm not favourably disposed to this brand because of some tosser, self indulgent hipster types I know who love it - but that is not their fault and should not impact my review. I WILL be fair I say to myself, then I unwrapped the gift - The Supple Gentleman - not a good start! It follows on from the Moroccan Neroli Shaving Duet I got for Christmas

So I had my shower using the Coriander Seed Body Cleanser and the Fabulous Face Cleanser and leapt out feeling ready to take on the work. Filled the sink, soaked the brush and read the instructions on the Moroccan Neroli Shaving Serum, um, excuse me - what is a Shaving Serum? Is that something I inject to stop my beard from growing?

No indeed it is not, it is a 'low-foaming serum formulated for maximum slip, suited to all skin types' Hmmm, not too sure now.

Read the instructions 'Apply to clean, damp, shaving area and massage under foam appears' - what, this is brushless?

I try the first pass doing this - unsatisfying so I squirt a couple of times into my hand, grab the brush and make a lather. Thick yoghurty? No way - light, airy and foamy, the sort that dissipates part way through a pass. You get away with it just due to the slickness of the ingredients but it is not what I would call a lather.

Check out this demo video of theirs - it is a generous lather they have made comparatively -

Now to the Moroccan Neroli Post-Shave Lotion, described as -

A lightweight hydrating formulation to balance and calm all skin types.
This rapidly absorbing moisturiser contains carefully selected botanical oils to pacify, smooth and refresh skin and assuage post-shave irritation and aggravation. Perfectly suited for daily use as a lightly hydrating unisex moisturiser.

Well yeah it did go on and my face did feel pretty good afterwards. I may have been supposed to use a toner at some stage too but not came with the kits, despite being mentioned in the how to use directions, so didn't.

On days two and three I just went straight to using the brush - still got an unsatisfying lather.

Overall for the whole lot? Not worth what it cost to me, others may disagree.

The Coriander Seed Body Cleanser and the Fabulous Face Cleanser will not replace soap at a fraction of the cost for me.

The Moroccan Neroli Shaving Serum obviously had some pretty fancy ingredients in it - but I would even prefer Arko!

The Moroccan Neroli Post-Shave Lotion is probably the pick of the lot - but is not the same as the alcohol based splashes. I have two tubes and one will remain in the drawer to be used with the rotation.

I'm glad I tried in and it is undoubtedly very fancy - but I'm a simple neanderthal.

You will be able to give your own thoughts in PCTB3 ...

Last edited:
Nice review. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

@stillshunter rates their shaving brush. It's apparently a Muhle STF 23mm knot. You would have done better with receiving that... [emoji11]

My son is always keen to get me shaving stuff - a good thing - but how do you buy me stuff when I have everything and the lists I give people as suggestions are ignored?..........

As you are steadfastly refusing to let us know how much you've spent on gear, maybe your son can join here and give us the dirt. I'm sure it would make us all feel so much better about ourselves.

I've not been impressed enough with their blurb to try their stuff. It costs.

Strikes me as new age metro stuff to try and make shaving cosmetically scientific. It just smells of bullshit to me.

The synth brush is a winner though, and ironically, not even theirs...