After-shave: Natural Oils

If your face feels 'oily' after you've applied the oil you've either put on too much or not applied it evenly (with a the other hand being wet). I find it essential to either have a damp face or the other hand a tad wet to help spread the oil - otherwise it tends to end up all in one spot and can be tricky to distribute. Start off applying LESS than you think you need as you can always apply a bit more later - but if you dump too much on it can be a PITA or you'll have to wipe some off.

The oils that work well on your face like EVOO and Argan are absorded very rapidly (Argan goes in like water into a sponge!) - it's only heavier oils like mineral ones etc that end up giving you a really oily, yuck finish - and they're all through most commercial stuff.

I've found it works best to use a light aftershave type balm first and then the oil to finish off - I tried it with just the oil as the sole post-shave and whilst it was ok it did feel like a lil something was lacking. Alternatively the balm by itself feels a tad dry not too long later - but together they're excellent.

And your face didn't end up a shiny, reflective beacon by the end of the day? I just wonder if the build-up might be too much over the course of the day.
Had three more days of the oil post-shave regime and not too shiny at all - also not breakouts as yet....a real fear for me. Remember though post shave it's cold water rinse, oil, rinse, aftershave. The alcohol takes any excess oil off - and I assume there's just some olivey goodness in the pores restoring the viciously stripped oil and skin.

Man my face feels so good! Thanks again @razorguy ...and yep EVOO is darn good too.

I would like to point out how you should use a natural oil as a post shave. After you have rinsed your face and dried with a towel, wet your hand and put just 3-5 drops of oil. More than this will give you a oily skin (and depending on how big your face is) it will not harm, but too much is just too much.
Then wet the other hand and rub hands together in order to evenly spread the oil in both hands. Now rub and massage your face and neck until you feel they are covered by a very thin layer of oil. Let it absorb for few minutes (with argan or olive oil it usually takes 3-4 minutes) and apply your favorite aftershave or balm.
Your hands will be oily, of course, and you can remove the oil by washing them with soap.

Had three more days of the oil post-shave regime and not too shiny at all - also not breakouts as yet....a real fear for me.

Well, that sounds promising. Thanks for the feedback mate.

Been trying this tip with EVOO and it's been good for the skin. Only a few drops to wet hands is brilliant. It doesn't feel oily really and gets soaked into the skin very well. Thanks @razorguy [emoji106]

As I use alcohol free witch hazel I apply it before the oil. So my post shave is cold water alum, cold water, witch hazel, oil. And it is brilliant!

Any good local sources for argan oil?
I bought this stuff here from a local store for $25.

la-mav-pure-argan-oil.jpg

Can buy it direct from them if you like.

...and yep, Aussie and organic.

I am afraid this cannot be. I am not doubting it is organic, but, as far as I know, the only place in the world where argania trees grow up is Morocco.
Of course you are right mate, but La Mav is an Aussie brand - so I assume they import the Argan Oil in bulk and redistribute in the smaller sizes...with a little bit on top to make it worth their while of course. ...and, yes, nothing to indicate the organic credentials - e.g., IOAS, NASAA, etc.

I got mine from a soap making place 100ml for $28 or so.

They reckon it's the 100% juice but it doesn't come in a pretty pink bottle :(

Local or online, SYD? If it's online, would you mind PMing me the address? That's three times as much oil as the La Maz stuff, and more in line with eBay pricing.

For those of you looking for a decent price for Argan Oil then iherb has variety of sizes and prices.

My wife prefers this one (60ml AU$ 7.00) but has also used this one (30ml AU$14).

At her recommendation I have been using the Argan Oil followed by Witch hazel - according to her the argan oil increases the absorption of the witch hazel and therefore the moisturizing properties of both.