Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm Suggestion

Why has nobody yet recommended MYRSOL EMULSION!
None better in the teetotaller department of post-shave facial tonics.

P1030742.jpg

Well I always thought it was alcohol-free but you weird chemist types have me wondering now.

Ingredients: Aqua, stearic acid, triethanolamine, lanolin, glycerin, sodium, methylparaben, menthol and parfum.

triethanolamine? is that an 'alcohol group'?
"Triethanolamine, often abbreviated as TEA, is a viscous organic compound that is both a tertiary amine and a triol. A triol is a molecule with three alcohol groups." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triethanolamine)

Bugger you lot, can't I just enjoy something!?!

Still the best balm there is, bar none!

^ THIS.

Unless someone is clearly irritated by alcohol, I can't see what the problem is. Alcohol has been a staple in aftershave for decades. It's the cosmetic industry that's given it a bad name in the name of flogging overpriced man cream to idiots who've been using man perfume as aftershave and wondering why they sear their face and it dries up like a prune.

Alcohol is not bad for your skin in balms and Proper aftershaves. It's good, it heals.
Was going to recommend ShaverHeaven, yet encountered a similar problem.
I'm wondering if the reason for alcohol free is due to shipping, which in that case,a LOT of those mentioned should be fine :)

I said alcohol free but as long as it don't bite, it will be O.K. A the moment he is using the unscented Nivea Balm that I purchased for him, which was a HUGE improvement on 'No Aftershave at all'

I said alcohol free but as long as it don't bite, it will be O.K. A the moment he is using the unscented Nivea Balm that I purchased for him, which was a HUGE improvement on 'No Aftershave at all'
So mentholated products also are a no go?

Plenty of After-shave balms to choose from...and a floral scent as well.

First up, I'd highly recommend The Stray Whisker Aftershave balm - BUT! - it's still not available yet. Perhaps later this month? It's a top ASB so I'd look out for it once it's available.

Others I've used and recommend that ARE available:

Shaver Heaven balms! You can easily pick up a floral scent in these. Excellent value. You can't go wrong. Highly recommended.

L'Occitane's ASBs. I have Bavx (which is woody), but they also have a floral (lavender) and another one to choose from. You pick them up in store. More exy.

Razorock After-shave Wax. I have the original (which is a woody floral). Very exy.

Natio for Men have an ASB but it's got citrus notes.

Sukin Facial Moisturiser is also good. It's Aussie and uses natural ingredients.

Not directed at anyone in particular....
[rant]
IMO anything is better than Nivea. I refuse to recommend it. It's a cheap multi-national conglomerate made product that is full of chemicals. Why on earth do people recommend that goop when there is SO MUCH better AUSSIE made products!!?!?
[/rant]

Late to the party but as good as the stray whisker balm is, it's both unscented, and contains alcohol.

Shaver Heaven balm certainly does not bite and there would be a scent he will like for sure.

Why has nobody yet recommended MYRSOL EMULSION!
None better in the teetotaller department of post-shave facial tonics.

P1030742.jpg

Well I always thought it was alcohol-free but you weird chemist types have me wondering now.

Ingredients: Aqua, stearic acid, triethanolamine, lanolin, glycerin, sodium, methylparaben, menthol and parfum.

triethanolamine? is that an 'alcohol group'?
"Triethanolamine, often abbreviated as TEA, is a viscous organic compound that is both a tertiary amine and a triol. A triol is a molecule with three alcohol groups." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triethanolamine)

Bugger you lot, can't I just enjoy something!?!

Still the best balm there is, bar none!

You don't want alcohol, but you're happy with parabens?

As long as it don't burn.

Any thoughts on Pre de Provence no.63 and RazorRock aftershave wax ?
No idea about the PdP.
The RR aftershave wax is excellent. It's thicker than most (comes in a small tub and you "dab" it). As noted earlier it is also exy in comparison to others.