Review Aldi/Prince shave soap

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Saw this when in my local Aldi.
Figured for the price and their returns policy, it's worth giving a go ( worse case scenario is me 'educating' customer service as to the differences between a shaving and bath soap :p ).
Have it in my possession, yet am yet to give it a spin, so the actual review is yet to come.
I just wanted to give others a heads up so you all can grab one if you desire so.
Be interesting to see if this is a genuine shave soap, or just another rebranded castile or like bath soap.
I did ask the store about who makes this and she had no idea.
WK35_PD_388x314_31a.jpg

Oh and this may do the job for those seeking a cheap ok looking toiletries bag
.It is synthetic though.

Ok, lets get down to business...

Prep was to wet it down and allow it to absorb some moisture while showering before use.
It recommends you rub on your face and later from there, I did that and added more to Shedomatic (Vie Long horse hair for the uninitiated).
A brand new Personna blue wrapper was loaded into Slim Shady (Gillette Slim Adjustable) and dialled to 7 instead of the usual 9.

Scent 1/10
Bug spray, cheap bug spray at that.
Actually cheap bug spray smells better!

Glide 5/10
Not too bad, yet plenty of room to improve.
I've had worse, yet there's far far better out there.

Cushion 2/10
Barely worth rating this section, it's that underwhelming.
Quit after pushing out a second pass.

Lather 4/10
It produced a lather, somewhat at least.
Five minutes saw a slightly airy later, that didn't stay around longer than two quick passes.

Water Absorption 5/10
Started off with a damp brush as I usually do and added water.
It took on a bit of water, yet nothing outstanding.

Post Shave 2/10
Face feels dry, irritated and red.
Used a basic balm and my face usually takes a few moments to soak it up, not tonight, it was gone before I could comes back for a second massage and to ensure a decent even coverage.

Packaging 6/10
While they've gone down the cheap route of wrapped in paper with a cardboard outer ribbon, they've at least utilised what looks like a waxed or water resistant paper, so you're able to wrap it back up when returning it to the store easily.

Price 4/10
I deducted serious points from the price due to it's lack of performance, otherwise it would of scored very highly here.

Conclusion
With a score of 29/80, it's probably blatantly obvious that my rating is going to be along the lines of...I wouldn't use this as a body wash due to it's scent alone, let alone contemplate utilising it to shave with again.
This is a disservice to the greater wet shave community, which is a bloody pity, as it's priced right at $4 to attract prospective new recruits.
It's only major positive, which would require exhaustive scientific experimentation that I'm not volunteering for, is as a prospective form of protection from Zika virus infection, as Mosquitoes couldn't get near you!

Great review @borked - took one for the team mate!

The good wife up a couple of shaving bags both in brown and black from Aldi, despite the vinyl covering the bags are a great size and have a hinged aperture to allow full sized containers access. $15 each or thereabouts. I plan on keeping my shoe shine kit in one of them and keeping the other for travel when I fly interstate.

Saw this when in my local Aldi.
Figured for the price and their returns policy, it's worth giving a go ( worse case scenario is me 'educating' customer service as to the differences between a shaving and bath soap :p ).
Have it in my possession, yet am yet to give it a spin, so the actual review is yet to come.
I just wanted to give others a heads up so you all can grab one if you desire so.
Be interesting to see if this is a genuine shave soap, or just another rebranded castile or like bath soap.
I did ask the store about who makes this and she had no idea.

WK35_PD_388x314_31a.jpg

Oh and this may do the job for those seeking a cheap ok looking toiletries bag
.It is synthetic though.

Me and another member long time ago tried out 2/3 soaps similar to this it was good fun

Tried a bigger brush and directly applying to the face and building the lather from there last night to remove two more variables.
Scent is still scores the same yet overall, it's on the softer side of the dial.
Still actively distracting in an adverse manner.
Glide is up 1 due to taking on a bit more water.
Cushion is the same, crap.
Lather is still crap yet up 1
Water absorption is up 1
Post shave is still the same crap.
Takes the total to 32, still a fail.