Aldi selling safety razors now.

Aldi special buys for Father's day.

Schick have slapped their name on this razor. A sort of tech/40s super speed clone of sorts.

Comes with 10 blades. Who knows what though. More and more mainstream. Soon every man will have 20 razors, 30 soaps and 20 brushes with a stash of 4k blades 😁

And yet our Grandfathers had one brush and one razor.
Their choice of soap was probably extremely limited.
Shaving was something you just did

I bought it this morning :)

Solely because it's the Wilkinson DE and it's been a while since I've added something to the collection. Comes with what looks like the Black Wilkinson blades that I absolutely LOVE and there are 10 of them. (Razor made in China, Blades made in Germany)

After so many blade trials, who would have thought the German Wilkies would be my favourite.

I bought it this morning :)

Solely because it's the Wilkinson DE and it's been a while since I've added something to the collection. Comes with what looks like the Black Wilkinson blades that I absolutely LOVE and there are 10 of them. (Razor made in China, Blades made in Germany)

After so many blade trials, who would have thought the German Wilkies would be my favourite.
Considering Edgewell Personal Care owns both Schick and Wilkinson Sword they'd be identical bar branding. Great price for the razor though, I've sent my bro in SA to pick one up for me as my nearest is too far for Stage 4 Lockdown :ROFLMAO:

Considering Edgewell Personal Care owns both Schick and Wilkinson Sword they'd be identical bar branding. Great price for the razor though, I've sent my bro in SA to pick one up for me as my nearest is too far for Stage 4 Lockdown :ROFLMAO:

I shaved with it last night, you know what? it's actually not a bad piece of kit!

It is VERY mild though, I'd say it's about a 2 plate on the Rockwell 6C that I have. I might bump it up with a Feather the next time I use it.

I would definitely recommend it for a beginner razor, especially at $17

I bought the 96R a little while back, this thing blows it out of the water, the 96R can go and die in a corner. I hate that thing. It's touted as a beginner razor, no way on earth is it for beginners.

I shaved with it last night, you know what? it's actually not a bad piece of kit!

It is VERY mild though, I'd say it's about a 2 plate on the Rockwell 6C that I have. I might bump it up with a Feather the next time I use it.

I would definitely recommend it for a beginner razor, especially at $17

I bought the 96R a little while back, this thing blows it out of the water, the 96R can go and die in a corner. I hate that thing. It's touted as a beginner razor, no way on earth is it for beginners.
Yeah, I found the same and I like plate 6 on the 6C with a Derby Usta, which is also a damn good blade to use in the Shick/Wilkinson Sword TTO as it's pretty sharp but smooth IMO :D

Would make a great travel razor if it weren't for that long handle

Would make a great travel razor if it weren't for that long handle
I would recommend to get a 2 piece razor either a Merkur 34C (short handle) or Merkur 38C (long handle) as a travel razor because both 34C & 38C shave aggression is almost the same as the new Wilkinson Sword's Premium Classic razor.

il_340x270.2006361210_b2g3.jpg

2 piece Merkur 34C (short handle) Weight: 76 gram. Overall Length: 84 mm.

MK-38001_ac9dae06-5a38-4cf2-8750-3f4a6a5ce93b_695x560.jpg

2 piece Merkur 38C (long handle) "Barber Pole" Weight: 115 gram. Overall Length: 104 mm.

Last edited:
Pretty good kit for 10 (20 really) blades and a metal handle. It's cheaper than China sites really
People will keep buying the multiblade cartridges though and never discover that this old style was always better.

A great chance for people to try DE since Aldi's return policy will refund it. But most will never listen.