Another newbie, Warrimoo NSW

Davec36

Hi all

Just joined to learn more from those more experienced DE shavers. I am particularly interested in unfragranced creams or soaps, due to sensitivities in the family

Use a Muhle R89 Grande usually swap to an Ikon bulldog handle.

Proraso White, Heath shave cream and Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus (EO)

Always looking for ideas to aid very sensitive skin (redness, ingrown hairs etc).

Thanks Dave

G’day and welcome to P&C forum @Davec36 .

Welcome @Davec36

Seems like you are well on the way!

The unscented has high lanolin content I believe.
Some people have issues with this.
Maggards lists the unscented products on the site

Welcome @Davec36 glad to have you on board.

Have you tried any of Washpool's shaving soaps? Most of them are lightly scented and I think they do an unscented one as well.
I have not seen Washpools soap before but it looks great I will get some when I need to stock up.
Thanks

Do people on the site buy from the US, Maggards etc? Regardless of the shipping costs
Yes. There are several shipping options.

Welcome to P&C@Davec36 - great to have you here (y)

Mike's does an unscented soap, in case you are interested (seeing you use already one of his soaps).

Beard and Blade sell Simpsons unscented cream, currently out of stock, but keep an eye open as this is a superb cream and locally available as a bonus

Do people on the site buy from the US, Maggards etc? Regardless of the shipping costs
Firstly welcome @Davec36 to the forum. @tullfan is your neighbour so hopefully he can organise a weekend beer with all of us this hearty winter. So we can show you all the things he doesn't have :LOL:

As for soaps and where to get them I would have to say Australian soaps are punching way about their belt on the international stage.
Obviously our very own Australian Private Reserve (APR) is at the top of the list with their F2 formula. However their former local soap maker who did the F1 base was/is Abby & Grace Soap Works. He probably could do an unscented base quite easily if he has any product left @Sxot