Anyone else have this issue?

StratMan

Can anyone still see their dark hairs under the skin, even once you achieve BBS?

I have this issue, but the better I achieve BBS the less it appears. If I only go for DFS, its much more prominent. I guess its dark hair under a winter tan (white skin), but just curious as to how many others suffer this eternal fate?

Mainly around my chin and up closer to the side burns, im at least happy i can grow a beard though, only 2 other people on both sides of the family can grow anything decent that doesnt look like an old karate master

Can anyone still see their dark hairs under the skin, even once you achieve BBS?

I have this issue, but the better I achieve BBS the less it appears. If I only go for DFS, its much more prominent. I guess its dark hair under a winter tan (white skin), but just curious as to how many others suffer this eternal fate?

It's your Mediterranean genetics, embrace it!:cool:

In grown hairs, yep, only when you pushed too far shaving for BBS. That’s why I stopped chasing BBS, isn’t bloody worth it as YMMV. I’m very comfortable achieving DFS or DFS+ to afford in grown hair and irritation issues.

It's your Mediterranean genetics, embrace it!:cool:
👆👆👆
What he said. :D

Fortunately, I don't have this issue, since I have fair hair. Or, to be accurate, it was fair when it was last visible. I've been shaving head and face daily for about 20 years, and it's been 40 since I last sported a beard. Needless to say, it was a woman who pointed out the error of my ways there. I think that's what women are for. :rolleyes:

I guess this is why I got addicted to BBS, thought I just wasn't shaving 'close' enough so kept getting more aggressive razors, ATG etc.. only to find I have a BBS 5'oclock shadow lol

Summer might help concede once the olive skin reappears

I am a married man, those poor 5 chicks a day just have to miss out :cool:
il_794xN.3202159390_4ohr.jpg

BEND YOUR KNEES, NOT YOUR BACK.

Yeah, I coined the phrase "post-shave-shadow" which describes this issue.

Many blades give me a BBS shave but the issue is the dark shadow that remains.

Polsilver is the only blade that minimises the post shave shadow to the point where my entire complexion looks lighter!

I'm Chinese and I get those visible dark hairs too. More obvious if you're lighter skinned (which I also am), and some people are also genetically predisposed to have thinner skin. If you have veins showing on your face, then usually you'd see your under-stubble too.

at least I'm not alone :) guess i better work on the tan

my best results come from the Rocca and Lupo 72.. these allow me to get super close due to no irritation.. although today's shave was pretty close, still BBS in some places but borderline close to some irritation, reckon that neurtogena has kept the burn at bay

at least I'm not alone :) guess i better work on the tan

my best results come from the Rocca and Lupo 72.. these allow me to get super close due to no irritation.. although today's shave was pretty close, still BBS in some places but borderline close to some irritation, reckon that neurtogena has kept the burn at bay
The Neutogena is a good product, and if it works well for you, you might be interested in dipping into the homebrew moisturiser rabbit hole. I have looked no further since starting with mine (linky here), it settles down any post-shave issues instantly. (And you can make a few litres of it for the same cost as that tub of Neutrogena.) I like the idea of @nav1's serum too (in the same thread), though I haven't yet tried it.

The Neutogena is a good product, and if it works well for you, you might be interested in dipping into the homebrew moisturiser rabbit hole. I have looked no further since starting with mine (linky here), it settles down any post-shave issues instantly. (And you can make a few litres of it for the same cost as that tub of Neutrogena.) I like the idea of @nav1's serum too (in the same thread), though I haven't yet tried it.

thanks for the link, will certainly have a look into this and try making some myself

The Neutrogena works very well and today I tried the water gel.. Similar effect as the cream, I am actually surprised at how hydrated and supple it leaves the skin