Anyone interested in the gillette heritage safety razor?

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I have read 0 about it but I can only assume it will be pretty trash compared to what we are accustomed..

Available for the U.S. market on Amazon only, limited release "for the holidays." It's a modern scalloped safety bar DE head (most likely Muhle but that's not confirmed) on a handle "inspired" by a vintage Gillette handle. Mid-weight (~60 grams). Alloy (probably Zamak) with chrome plating. The shave is mild for me with the included Gillette Platinum blade (made in Russia), with a forgiving blade gap design.

Available for the U.S. market on Amazon only, limited release "for the holidays." It's a modern scalloped safety bar DE head (most likely Muhle but that's not confirmed) on a handle "inspired" by a vintage Gillette handle. Mid-weight (~60 grams). Alloy (probably Zamak) with chrome plating. The shave is mild for me with the included Gillette Platinum blade (made in Russia), with a forgiving blade gap design.
So other than those that got samples from the mothership....no?

So other than those that got samples from the mothership....no?
Amazon is taking pre-launch orders and won't be shipped until after 1 November so that's correct. You can read my initial impressions of a pre-launch on Sharpologist today.

Amazon is taking pre-launch orders and won't be shipped until after 1 November so that's correct. You can read my initial impressions of a pre-launch on Sharpologist today.
Cheers, will do.
It seems we where all so keen for Gillette to do this but it seems like a pretty flat response so far..

Cheers, will do.
It seems we where all so keen for Gillette to do this but it seems like a pretty flat response so far..
I'm sure this will be a big "meh" for enthusiasts. But according to my contacts the response to the pre-orders on Amazon is quite solid and almost at the "exceeds expectations" level for them. This razor is targeted to the "newbie."

I'm sure this will be a big "meh" for enthusiasts. But according to my contacts the response to the pre-orders on Amazon is quite solid and almost at the "exceeds expectations" level for them. This razor is targeted to the "newbie."
Well that brings hope that they may look further down this avenue in the future.

Well that brings hope that they may look further down this avenue in the future.
Well, they may need to start from scratch. I doubt anyone is left there who know what they are talking about.

Wonder what happened to all this talk of a modern fatboy?

Ken Surfs has just done a video.
Cannot link same as I am unsure as to how.Must ask my Grandkids