Anyone locally fix vintage gillettes?

Chad

... had his first - 15/8/20
Well the razor my wife took a punt on for fathers day turned out to be a 1973 long handled black beauty. The handle is perfect and it cleaned up significantly after just the one soak.

Trouble is its been forced at some point. Looks like the crimp has failed and the base plate moves up and down and the adjustment knob too. Tighten it up and the doors wont open.
Needs some internal attention. I'm afraid if I pull it apart it won't go back together or I couldn't get the soft aluminum to crimp again.

Nothing to lose otherwise its display only.

Anyone worked on the super adjustable before?

Would be awesome even if it's a full confirmation it's toast. Wifey was pretty down about it but was always a gamble.

Thanks guys

I might look at the NZ guys and ask as they say they do adjustments and fixes before they plate razors.

One guy on YouTube did an awesome breakdown of the super adjustment 109 but never followed up on the promise of doing a reassembly video lol 4 years later I doubt it's coming.

Something internally wrong in my model.

Thanks for posting mate. Appreciate it.

Hi @Chad how did you go with getting the BB repaired?

No. It came apart and got a cleaned up. The problem comes with the handle length. The crimp point is too high to re crimp with conventional tools.