APR - Monsta Myrtle - Testers Wanted - Free Splash!

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
Free splash with Lemon Myrtle!! - what's not to love about it I wonder....

KnuchkM.jpg

I have a new fragrance I have been working on and am looking for people to test it, it's a little different in composition of both the fragrance and the splash ingredients in comparison to the other APR scents.

My initial testing amongst my IRL friends has come back with some fairly positive and pleasing opinions so I thought I would throw it open to the P&C community prior to launching it (giving it away and drenching people with it gratis) at the upcoming NSW meetup.

As our beloved admin @Monsta_AU is apparently quite a fan of Lemon Myrtle and has a rip roaringly amusing sense of humor (menth anyone ?), it is not unsurprising that the scent does indeed contain Lemon Myrtle EO in abundant quantities alongside other essential elements to balance the fragrance. I quite like it myself, surprisingly, as I am not a huge lemon myrtle fan.

The Aftershave Formula
The formula of the Aftershave is not like the other APR Aftershaves and this is intentional.

In short: I am working on an alcohol based composition for the Winter months that contains Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Calendula and Chamomile. This formula is used in the 'Monsta Myrtle' test scents that I am offering here - this is not the non-alcohol based formula I have previously referred to.

The aftershave composition has not been previously released or used in the testers - obviously Calendula and Chamomile are in the regular APR aftershaves but the addition of the extra compounds does wonders for the skin and I am working on the percentage/vol ratio's in this regard.

The Fragrance
This is a summer, Lemon Myrtle dominant fragrance that rests and accords with other citrus. If you do not like mildly herbaceous, fresh dominant citrus scents then you will definitely not like this.

Menthol
Yes, you may have' menth' in this sample before people ask en masse. Please let me know here if you insist on having a little of the 'good good menth' put into your bottle... wink wink nudge nudge etc ;)

Composition: Patchouli, Rosemary, Clary Sage, Lemon, Petit Grain, Lemon
Myrtle & a few other things that @Mark1966 will no doubt inadvertently reveal :D

How do I get a Free Sample ?
It's free as in beer, you will need to pay the $7.60 postage by PayPal to have it sent out.

If you really like the sample you receive or the idea of it, send me a PM and I might be persuaded to part with a 100ml bottle for 25 bucks but I would rather give samples away for free and have no plan to add it to the APR lineup.

There is no balm as it is summer and this is a summer scent. If people like the scent, I will look at making a balm for it but I am not currently.

If you would like to be sent a free sample post in this thread here - I have around 12 samples to give out - one sample per person unless there is extras over at the end :)

Last edited:
@todras Great to see an Australian herb providing the dominant scent. The fragrance sounds very appealing to my nose, but I have the least sophisticated nose in the southern hemisphere. I do favour alcohol... based aftershave. I'll wait for more established members to take up the opportunity first, but if there's any left I'm keen. As for Menth I can take it or leave it...

Last edited:
Very generous @todras - I would like to take up the free sample offer as this will not as I understand it, violate my sabbatical 2017 which has been going well so far (for the last 13 days !!). More than happy to pay for postage to try this interesting summer splash. I would like some menthol added please...Mr Menth dealer.

PM me your Address and number, I will come and see you on the weekend. I will bring some goodies.

Very generous @todras - I would like to take up the free sample offer as this will not as I understand it, violate my sabbatical 2017 which has been going well so far (for the last 13 days !!). More than happy to pay for postage to try this interesting summer splash. I would like some menthol added please...Mr Menth dealer.

Well the product is free so it is not a purchase, I don't think paying for carriage of the item would constitute a breach (?). Ill put you down for one anyway pending a ruling in this regard.

Free Samples are Now all Gone - Wow that was quick!

If I do manage to find any more, I will immediately update here :)

Well done!

A bit of Friday pre-emptive calling there - there is actually 5 samples left (aside from yours @ben74 which I kept for you) :)

@ben74 if you drop me a PM with your address, etc i will get some samples (plural) out to you ;)

Sorry about calling it too soon people - Yes there are samples left - Please message here if you would like one :)

I only regret there is (as far as I'm aware) no top shelf soap with a lemon myrtle dominant scent, preferably mentholated. @bald_as just won't share (unless I turn up to a meet up) so I exclude his.

Interested? Aye :)

@Monsta_AU wants to meet you at your residence?
Hope your security detail is suffice for the occasion ;)
Wish this Syd meetup would occur sooner, rather than later though, could save anguish and a lot of effort upon your behalf.
Oh, and as a side from someone that add's Menth to almost anything, from A/S to bath gels and sucking on the crystals, with suitable humility, I humbly suggest setting them aside for folks to add and note the change in scent profile and face feel.