Apr11 Member Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
New month, new thread. Posting this 25.25 hours early as I am going to have a very hectic couple of days coming up.

3800-and-change blades inbound to me, along with USB microscope. Expect the blades to start hitting around Friday, and the Microscope to arrive next Friday or so.

Also waiting on my new PC to arrive, parts are enroute from Melbourne, hoping they hit in the morning.
Intel i7-2600K CPU
Gigabyte GA-P67-UD7B3 Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengance RAM
Corsair AX-850 PSU
Coolermaster HAF-X Case
Demci HAF-X Filter Kit
Win7 Ultimate x64

Going to use the two GTX460's from my last upgrade in my new PC to save about $300.

D'oh!

I did what I said I'd never do. I bought another badger brush. I'm so ashamed. I told myself I bought 4 boars because can have variety for less.

But as I've thrown out the bottom lip recently over my fave boars, I caved. I was keeping AD at bay as I've started playing golf again and had money earmarked for a couple of new things I need, given my gear is good stuff, but getting on for 15 years old.

But a bad couple of days on the driving range, and the money went on a Simpson Chubby 1 in Best instead. I'm pretty impressed with the Berkeley and the Chub will be not noticeably bigger, but far denser. It's the game over of badgers for me. No. Really. This time I mean it.

I need the sale forum up to see if anyone is interested in my unloved stuff...

I've got a stick of Volabro and two little boar brushes (Vulfix 26 and 28) arriving both from Superior Shave.

Pfffffffff weak as piss!
No more free stuff for you.

I've got a stick of Volabro and two little boar brushes (Vulfix 26 and 28) arriving both from Superior Shave.
Pfft. Weak as piss.

I got a stick of vlaobra too. I milled it. I'm perverse that way. It's pretty good, but they could have made it smell of something other than roach motel soap.

As you well know, I like the roach motel smell and the shaving soaps that come with it. Fauldings is my standard. It can't smell any worse than that.

Of my blades coming in:

200 Rubies - Arrived.
120 Gillette Superthin - Arrived.
100 Medical Personnas - Arrived.
20 Gillette Silver Blues - Arrived.
20 Sputnik Super Platinum - Arrived.

As you well know, I like the roach motel smell and the shaving soaps that come with it. Fauldings is my standard. It can't smell any worse than that.

I don't know what this stuff smells of. Don't even know if it was intended to smell of anything at all to be honest. It does sort of evoke images of bad plumbing and roach hotels. The smell of wet, rusty metal perhaps? You expect that an Italian shaving soap would have something exotic to it. He I'm a fan of Italy. Which country still around today has had a history of no effective government since WWII? Even Uganda does better than that! It's proof that anarchy works. It produces the best football teams in the world. They are the doyens of male grooming after all (possibly self appointed). Lea which is poo-pooed by every man and his dog, knocks spots off this in terms of smell. Well, Barcelona is the better football team at the moment so maybe that explains it. I hope the shaving qualities are what makes the Valobra stick the Valobra stick everybody rages about.

500 NOS Schick blades - Arrived.

2000 Gillette Dark Platinums - Arrived.

Microscope - ARRIVED!

It's been a good week.

My 200 7 O'clocks and 100 Astra SP arrived yesterday from Sam at ntguy. Now waiting on another 200 Astra SP and 200 Indian Wilkinson.

400x Rapira SS - arrived

300x Gillette Goal - arrived.

200 Astra SP - arrived.

Had about 50-60 Racer (by Lord) blades thrown in, as well as a single pack of Shark SS + a pack of very old Vidyut Supermax SS blades.

Go sit on your commemorative chamber pot. He will love it.

What's not to like?

Angry-Birds-5-Inch-Plush-Toy-King-Pig-With-Sound!.jpg

Last edited:
:cheesy:

Only getting it for the soap and bowl as I'm running low on MWF and don't have a bowl (bought the refill bare puck just to try the soap out orignally)

Aaahhhh, the lure of the Porcine Princess. First purchase in 8 months! People have been banned for less. Forget the shaver bit, just call yourself wet.

Aaahhhh, the lure of the Porcine Princess. First purchase in 8 months! People have been banned for less. Forget the shaver bit, just call yourself wet.
Oh dear :embarrest:
What should I have been buying?
Do you think I'll be forgiven due to the fact I jumped on the bandwagon all aquisition happy and expressing interest in getting a la toja stick in another thread, and then jumped on this dodgey brush and kent soap set? :eek:mg:
I at least played the part well then right? :sad2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.