April 2015 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That surprises me @Monsta_AU. I thought you'd been there with Mrs monsta many a time the way you have talked about the place.

Juan has really come through with the goods! It took just two weeks to make it here.

90lEgQ8.jpg

A beautiful Omega S10108 S-Brush (not pictured) also came. I'm impressed by its quality and it's quite a bit better than I had hoped for. The bristles are very soft and the handle is far superior to that on my trusty Omega 10065.

Bring on tonight's shave!

Juan has really come through with the goods! It took just two weeks to make it here.

90lEgQ8.jpg

Bring on tonight's shave!
It's awesome to be able to get some aftershaves from overseas! [emoji106]
Do tell us your thoughts on them, especially the Cella aftershaves (which I haven't heard too much on).

As I understand it, the Cella ones are strictly speaking colognes. I've been using the Classica as an aftershave recently and it works a charm. Today was the first time I've smelled the Lavande. It smells amazing.

I just had a lot of fun palm lathering all my soaps with the new S-Brush. This was a two second load of MWF. It looked like I basically had no soap on the brush after loading. I have great difficulty lathering MWF with my badger, boar and synthetic travel brush, and as such, I rarely use it.

nlsQNOp.jpg

I'm retiring my other brushes today. This shits all over them.

I received two shaving brushes yesterday from Gift and Care, the Semogue Owners Club Cherry Badger brush and the Semogue 620 Badger brush, both arrived in great condition. I have already shaved with the SOC and I have test lathered the 620 a few times, I think both will be favourites of mine.

I received two shaving brushes yesterday from Gift and Care, the Semogue Owners Club Cherry Badger brush and the Semogue 620 Badger brush, both arrived in great condition. I have already shaved with the SOC and I have test lathered the 620 a few times, I think both will be favourites of mine.
I'm first in line if you're not keeping one. [emoji6]

Better a vulture than a shark! [emoji6]

You rang??

:LOL:

Seriously, nice haul up above. I have the jealousy pangs so that tells you everything you need to know. Oh, and if you haven't already @khun_diddy - pick up a Plissitane when the price comes down. They aren't worth $100 locally but they are worth the $30 when on special. Never found a brush that lathers better and it is a damn synthetic!

Great haul - can't wait to see the Omega in person! Hope my brush from Juan arrives soon :(

I am sure you would be :)

I can safely say after using the SOC a few times that I doubt I will be parting with it ;)
That's what I like to hear! Something that is so good they don't want to give it up. [emoji106]

Amazing what happens when you view the letterbox before 2am.
Today (probably been there for days though) I received a sample (1/2 the tub by the looks of it) of Dr Jons Hydra (Lime) soap from the ever generous @Nonick which leads me to wondering how many here have benefited from his generosity.

I hope it didn't melt in the post Borked, it did get pretty runny in the sun one day. That's actually all that comes in the 2 oz tin size sold as sample/travel.

Hope you enjoy it, (y)

I have been using your vintage brown PolSilvers the last couple of weeks and they are a very sharp yet smooth blade! Perfect in the R89, and I have used them in the R41 after a couple of shaves to take the first edge off.. No wonder you bought several boat loads of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.