April 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Adam - been using this for almost 12 months now. It has blitzed any previous deodorant I have tried.
Is it just a deodorant?
I require an antiperspirant regardless, so only a deodorant will not work.
Scent?
How does it compare to Dove intensive care?

Is it just a deodorant?
I require an antiperspirant regardless, so only a deodorant will not work.
Scent?
How does it compare to Dove intensive care?

Very effective antiperspirant. Subtle clean fresh scent. Haven't tried Dove. For performance, the Pit Boss murders Rexona 24hr and Rexona Sport, Penhaligon's, TOBS, Boss. Lasts for days.
The stick also lasts really well. You don't need to apply much - One stick lasts me min 6 months.

ugYXJBe.jpg

Blackberry Blossom Bay Chatillon Lux+L&L Grooming LE Seasonal.
Very nice @todras! Looks like it's not easy to get your hands on these guys.

How is Solarion? Ive looked at it a few times on TSW and read so little about it that it intrigues me.
I haven't lathered it yet, so I can't really tell you. Smelling the puck it kind of smells flowery, a bit like a bar of soap.

I'm going try to save it for next summer. I was intrigued like yourself and had the realisation last summer that dark, leathery, etc scents are not what you really feel like on a hot day. This was my first soap I bought for my summer stock.

Very effective antiperspirant. Subtle clean fresh scent. Haven't tried Dove. For performance, the Pit Boss murders Rexona 24hr and Rexona Sport, Penhaligon's, TOBS, Boss. Lasts for days.
The stick also lasts really well. You don't need to apply much - One stick lasts me min 6 months.
Im really impressed after the last few days, it's hugely more effective the the listed above. To me the scent is not really strong but I can smell it on myself all day. I have never had a antiperspirant this effective in all honesty. I hope menzbiz doesn't stop stocking it ever as it doesn't look like there is any other suppliers in Australia.

Would you mind bringing these CL products for a 'scratch and sniff' (so to speak) along to the meet up on Saturday @todras ?(y)

Will do, I packed up the Darkfall also for you to have a smell of, also the Geosmin and a couple of other bits and pieces ;)

Im really impressed after the last few days, it's hugely more effective the the listed above. To me the scent is not really strong but I can smell it on myself all day. I have never had a antiperspirant this effective in all honesty. I hope menzbiz doesn't stop stocking it ever as it doesn't look like there is any other suppliers in Australia.

Agree @Adam - a few of my local pharmacists have a small Jack Black range, but none have Pit Boss.

Agree @Adam - a few of my local pharmacists have a small Jack Black range, but none have Pit Boss.

Ive been using Pit Boss now for a couple of years, it out performs Acqua Di Palma and all the fancy deodorants I have hands down. I get mine from mens biz as postage is free :)

I'm waiting for a ship wreck cove aftershave to come. A full week in the hands of Aus post and now they are estimating delivery on thirsday. Auspost absolute joke. I could order from US receive it and then re post it back there before they can get me something from Sydney.

Latest acquisitions arrived Friday last. Not having previously used Wilkinson, Erasmic or B&M Beaudelaire, I would appreciate comments/likes & dislikes. Lucky Tiger displaced to 2nd place behind TSW After Balm.
cid:DA573951-62F4-4FFE-ADEC-329D6B8057C0

Depends on which Erasmic. Bowl and cream are both fantastic. The stick is pretty bad but can be made to work.

@SpeedyPC have one on order too. Now need blade and handle recommendations.

@RustyBlade my advised is goto Men's Biz online and buy 1 one packet each of Feather Artist Club Professional and Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) without the guard blade, each packet holds 20 blades each when you've tried each blade with your General and IF you can reach up to a maximum of 30 smooth shaves per blade. IF you choose the blade you like either Feather Artist Club Professional or Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink), I'll give you a link for the cheapest price on eBay for a whole box of 200 SE blades including free postage from the most trusted supplier in Japan.

The General work best either in a medium or heavy weight handle of your choice, NOT too heavy otherwise Freddy Krueger will have you in a blood bath shave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.