April 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

There ain't no place like home. Great to see the family and then find out this has arrived.

U6t121ll.jpg

d9eYzqjl.jpg

You can tell this was a labour of love.
Engineers tell me they were trained to arrive at not necessarily the best solution but the best economical solution which frustrates me no end as in my industry there are so many examples of infrastructure built that would have saved money in the longer term if the build had been to a higher standard.
This piece is not an example of that philosophy. It is obviously born of the passion of a man who wanted to build a technical, beautiful, efficient, artful and functional piece.
Hope it shaves like it looks.:)
Wow that's one super sexy looking razor!!! I hope the maker ends up releasing the SB version "Athena" in mass production as it's very very tempting.
Looking forward to your thoughts and here's to many Happy Shaves! ;)

There ain't no place like home. Great to see the family and then find out this has arrived.

U6t121ll.jpg

d9eYzqjl.jpg

You can tell this was a labour of love.
Engineers tell me they were trained to arrive at not necessarily the best solution but the best economical solution which frustrates me no end as in my industry there are so many examples of infrastructure built that would have saved money in the longer term if the build had been to a higher standard.
This piece is not an example of that philosophy. It is obviously born of the passion of a man who wanted to build a technical, beautiful, efficient, artful and functional piece.
Hope it shaves like it looks.:)
If it shaves like a sharpened rock, it's still a TOB. Even the case (a totally redundant thing for a razor meant for daily use) is a work of craftsmanship.

Good to see B&M splashes making a come back.
I had a chat with Will around the first of the year, and he said the problem was a shortage -- and resultant high cost -- of alcohol due to the pandemic. Sounds like things are easing up. Maybe I'll be able to find 90-percent isopropyl alcohol again to use cleaning my razors.

I had a chat with Will around the first of the year, and he said the problem was a shortage -- and resultant high cost -- of alcohol due to the pandemic. Sounds like things are easing up. Maybe I'll be able to find 90-percent isopropyl alcohol again to use cleaning my razors.

Is possible to walk into Walmart and purchase denatured alcohol?

Is possible to walk into Walmart and purchase denatured alcohol?
Denatyred alcohol (also called methylated spirits, in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; wood spirit; and denatured rectified spirit) is more of a hardware store item. Isopropyl is more of a drug store item, and yes it is available in the pharmacy department at Walmart, at least here in the states.

Denatyred alcohol (also called methylated spirits, in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; wood spirit; and denatured rectified spirit) is more of a hardware store item. Isopropyl is more of a drug store item, and yes it is available in the pharmacy department at Walmart, at least here in the states.

Essentially it's the same thing. I ask because in Australia, you can walk into a hardware or supermarket and purchase 90% + proof methylated spirits without an issue or shortage.

Essentially it's the same thing. I ask because in Australia, you can walk into a hardware or supermarket and purchase 90% + proof methylated spirits without an issue or shortage.
Hmm, not really the same thing: methylated spirit is ethanol with additives to make it undrinkable, whereas isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol) is a 3-carbon alcohol. (Neither are healthy to drink :dead:)

Here, you can easily get both in the solvents section at Bunnings (isopropanol sold at 100%), but I don't know what the hardware shops in the US do. You can get isopropanol at a much higher price from chemists (drug stores) sold as rubbing alcohol at 70%, with the addition of an unpleasant scent.

Hmm, not really the same thing: methylated spirit is ethanol with additives to make it undrinkable, whereas isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol) is a 3-carbon alcohol. (Neither are healthy to drink :dead:)

Here, you can easily get both in the solvents section at Bunnings (isopropanol sold at 100%), but I don't know what the hardware shops in the US do. You can get isopropanol at a much higher price from chemists (drug stores) sold as rubbing alcohol at 70%, with the addition of an unpleasant scent.
There is always the good old Isocol from Woolies.

Yep, can’t beat the classics. Not as fancy as an artisan but always delivers. Great for a short loft boar and face lathering.
Then give your grandma the longest bloody lips kiss, she’ll be very pleased to see that you’re loving your old swag in your den.

PS. How’s your wifey? does she know that you’ve got the old swag lying around the house.