ARKO August

Day 22 ARKO August

Another week, another matching seven-day set of straight razors with ARKO.

This morning I finished shaving my way through my Latin matching seven-day set, with ARKO of course. The set is shown below with my SOLIS SR open.

I treated this morning's shave as something special. I have a strong feeling that tomorrow's shave is going to give me the worst result I have ever experienced.

Face lathered with my ARKO stick and Chinese guaranteed pure genuine best badger synthetic brush.

Five-pass shave (WTG, 2 x XTG & 2 x ATG). The final ATG pass wasn't really needed as my face was already BBS. I did however, catch the leftover of 6 whiskers that I had missed with my previous pass. That final ATG pass was not in vain.

Rinsed and finished with a splash of Wahl Bay rum mixed with witch hazel. The result was a 100% BBS finish all over - best shave result I have ever given myself. Of course, using a SR, there was no skin irritation.

full

From tomorrow until the end of ARKO August, I will be shaving with my odds and sods - with some variations.

Arko August still going well for me. Like @MrPeanut's mother inlaw and wife, I have acquired a liking for the little bit of scent I can smell. Arko lathers well and I could continue using it but people keep sending samples that they want me to try. One day I'll get to the soaps I really want to use.

Day 23 ARKO August

My worst shave ever and I blame ARKO!

This morning I wanted to vary my routine a little so decided to shave with my ever-reliable high precision Oxor Chinese all stainless steel shavette.

As usual, I face lathered with my ARKO stick and Chinese guaranteed pure genuine best badger synthetic brush.

My first pass was WTG and then a light rinse. That didn't feel good. My face was still like sandpaper in all directions. My next pass, XTG produced the same result so I decided on a third XTG pass. Still nothing was happening. Thinking that an ATG pass was probably needed, I proceeded.

All passes were very comfortable but just didn't cut any of my whiskers! I gave up.

Rinsed and finished with a splash of I know this shave's result was not through poor technique, razor or brush. It must have been caused by ARKO. Bay rum mixed with witch hazel. The result was the equivalent of about 60 grit sandpaper all over but no skin damage or irritation.

full

I know this shave's result was not through poor technique, razor or brush. It must have been caused by ARKO.

Day 24 ARKO August

Yesterday's abysmal ARKO shave with a blade-less shavette left me with a 48-hour growth to remove. This morning I chose my Revisor 6-0035 with which to shave. This Revisor I have found to be excellent and one of my best in removing extra growth.

As usual, I face lathered with my ARKO stick and Chinese guaranteed pure genuine best badger synthetic brush. The blade was stropped on an Heirloom 2½" fast bridal.

I performed three passes; WTG and 2 x XTG. It was no easier nor harder to shave with the extra growth and the shave result was as normal. I think that why some like shaving with extra growth is that it gives them a greater feel of satisfaction in removing such. It did for me.

Rinsed and finished with a splash of Wahl Bay rum mixed with witch hazel. The result was a DFS+ finish without any skin damage or irritation.

full

Just below the Revisor 6-0035 in the picture is a kid-leather pouch that I made for it. I put the Revisor into this pouch before storing it away in its coffin.

ARKO is back in my good books. Tomorrow's shave will be something completely different and it will be interesting to see what results.

Day 25 ARKO August

And now for something completely different.

I have been meaning to try this for a while but was previously hesitant. For a few years now, I have had a Braun M90 electronic shaver that I would take with when I was allowed to travel. This shaver was only rarely used, for emergency service.

The Braun M90 is rated washable but is not supposed to be used with lather. I thought that this morning I would attempt to shave with it using a face-lathered ARKO.

I did normally preparation as I would for my SR shaving but using a very wet lather. I then shaved with the M90 using light pressure.

It was not as much fun shaving with the M90 but, to my surprise, it worked!

The result was not great but I did get a CCS without any skin irritation. If my fading memory serves me correctly, normally the M90 will noticeably irritate my neck.

full

After this shave, I gave the M90 a good wash out, dry and oiled the cutting head. Goes to show that ARKO works even with an electric.

Day 25 ARKO August

And now for something completely different.

I have been meaning to try this for a while but was previously hesitant. For a few years now, I have had a Braun M90 electronic shaver that I would take with when I was allowed to travel. This shaver was only rarely used, for emergency service.

The Braun M90 is rated washable but is not supposed to be used with lather. I thought that this morning I would attempt to shave with it using a face-lathered ARKO.

I did normally preparation as I would for my SR shaving but using a very wet lather. I then shaved with the M90 using light pressure.

It was not as much fun shaving with the M90 but, to my surprise, it worked!

The result was not great but I did get a CCS without any skin irritation. If my fading memory serves me correctly, normally the M90 will noticeably irritate my neck.

full

After this shave, I gave the M90 a good wash out, dry and oiled the cutting head. Goes to show that ARKO works even with an electric.

Shave failure again. Violation of forum rules for using an electric razor!! :D

Please forgive me. It was wet shaving (using brush, water and soap), just not traditional.
No… The electric razor is still 100% completely FAILED!!! isn’t part of wet shaving.

Electric tool badger brush is wet shaving.

IsgZ575.jpg

It’s Tool Time!!!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
That lovely fragrance from ARKO can alter a man's inner senses. Please forgive me. It was wet shaving (using brush, water and soap), just not traditional.

Time to cancel Arko August for you. It is affecting you, you are showing all the classic signs of Post Traumatic Soap Disorder.

Just Quit Now!!!:D