Armani - Code

Stubbles

Long story incoming...

Ok, so had a bday recently and needed to come up with something to get as a gift. (Dont ask, its the way me n the mrs work. We tell each other what we want sometimes, other times its purely up to the other person)

Anyway...thought to myself, seeing as im plunging into becoming a man-whore with my new beauty regime...i mean...shaving like a real man, I better get some cologne. The Proraso range is all I use atm, and as some know the smell doesnt linger. Which leaves it open to use with a cologne...

So, off to Myers to sample smell the range they had. Now normally I give the perfume / cologne section a wide berth for fear of having an asthma attack at the mere waft of female overpowering crap that takes over your senses when going near it. However I managed to keep it together long enough to make it into the male section.

Having never used a cologne before, I had done a small amount of reading to see what was popular out there. Aramis came up a couple of times, so kept that in mind and told the mrs we were going out to look at some cologne for my present. She asked what I was after, as I mentioned I had something in mind, and replying to her "I cant remember, it started with an A" came back the reply "Aramis?" I was :blink: "How the hell do you know what it is?"....Apparently it was her late step fathers choice from a long time ago...

So here we are in Myers looking and smelling some weird ones, when the lady came up and asked if we found what we want. Asked her where Aramis was, and she showed us their range. Had a quick smell of them all, and found that the one called "Impeccable" to be the best smelling to us both.

The sales lady then proceeded to show us the range of others, yet I still kept referring it back to Aramis. Until that is, she showed us the Armani Code.

She gave me a little sample squirt on the card, and it was nice. Still having trouble making up our minds as to what was better, the sales lady said here, and proceeded to spray each arm with Aramis and the other with the code.

Having NFI what to choose, we said to the lady we would think and come back. Literally 10 minutes later (as we kept smelling now and then), the smells changed and the Armani code was now totally different. Hard to describe, but more stronger than the Aramis, yet similar in smell. The Code was the winner for me, however we both agreed that Id still get the Aramis later on.

Went back and made sure we got the right one, the sales lady gave me a good spray of it and Im sitting here writing this almost 3 hours later, and it still smells as strong as it did in the shop.

The small travel / work bottle was on special atm for $28?, with the large regular bottle going for around $80-$100 (online vs Myer's price)

Its not an overly citrus smell like some others, but it is damn nice. Almost had the mrs jump me 3 times and complain I smell better than she does now lmao :laugh:

So, would recommend it to others, just dont wear it if im near :evil: lol

Aramis review coming later when I feel like blowing more on my pimping out hobby....

armani-black-code.jpg

What's wrong with Brut? I used to hate it, but growing up in the 70s Bazza Sheene told everyone to splash it all over, and they did. It was vile. Used with discretion it's actually damn good.

Glad you found you like but everything at the frag counter smells like girly man stuff to me.

I'm cheap and I like citrus. Speick is a good one, and Musgo spiced citrus, but it lasts all of half an hour. Need a good citrus, but I'm cheap, so it's hard.

I also like Tabac EdC and T&H Spanish Leather for winter. Not citrus, but decent musky scents, that are as floral as I dare tread.

I'm cheap and I like citrus. Speick is a good one, and Musgo spiced citrus, but it lasts all of half an hour. Need a good citrus, but I'm cheap, so it's hard.

I also like Tabac EdC and T&H Spanish Leather for winter. Not citrus, but decent musky scents, that are as floral as I dare tread.

Nothing wrong with Brut, I use the roll on and stick and have an aftershave here i got a long time ago but never used as I thought "Id never use an AS" lol.

I was the same as you thinking man girl smells, but if you like citrus then head in there as they had a couple that really lean on lemon lime citrus smells and they last a while too. Spose thats where the cost comes in, you get what you pay for.

I was after a musky one too, and this is a musky one

edit - almost 7 hours now and i can still smell it as strong as when i was in the store.

Last edited: