Article - Emerging markets trim Gillette's profits

JayDee

Bodge posted a typical corporate greed quote in another thread from a Gillette executive whilst we were collectively bemoaning why the don't make 'em like they used to... (Vintage blades v modern DE blades). I didn't want to drag that thread OT so I've posted my reply here.

Anyhow, got me thinking about how much dough P&G make out of Gillette and their cartridge razors. The answer in a nutshell is shit loads... However I did spot this article which shows that those pesky poor people just will not give up their DE blades which cost cents for $5 Fusion cartridges. How inconsiderate of them... :laugh:

Bodge posted a typical corporate greed quote in another thread from a Gillette executive whilst we were collectively bemoaning why the don't make 'em like they used to... (Vintage blades v modern DE blades). I didn't want to drag that thread OT so I've posted my reply here.

You are absolutely correct, many are starting to wake up to the fact now (25 years later) that we have bee sold a lie and the old ways are making a comeback again. Vintage razors (which are insanely good) are making huge money on eBay - prices that nobody would have expected about 6 or 7 years ago.

Even modern blade prices are going up. I've seen the creep to the point at which most better than bottom rung blades seem to have increased by around $1 or $2 per 100.

But that is why we are here. To talk, discuss and learn. To spread the word.