ATT razor set query.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Guys, what can anyone tell me about the ATT razor baseplates.
I can get a set with 5 baseplates, M, R, H, R2 and H2.
But...the plates are all 2012 for the M, R, H, and 2013 for the R2 and H2.
Were the plates ever re-designed after that, and if so, did that make them smoother, more/less aggressive, etc.
Don't want anything that was originally made too gnarly, and that the maker had to 'tone down' to make them safe to use.
Your thoughts?
And yes, I'm still trying out different razors. One day I will find that Holy Grail.

My earliest ATT plate is 2014 ‘H’ plate and that feels exactly the same as the 2016 ‘H’ plate. I suspect earlier plates would have all been machined to the same specifications but cannot verify.

As far as I know they should be exactly the same newer ones

OK, thanks.
Now please advise me...
Is this set OK? Comes with an ATT handle (not the Ikon handle in the listing).
https://theshaveden.com/forums/thre...nd-other-goodies-price-cut-on-att-sets.62307/
I like that there is a variety of plates, but on some forums the ATT razors don't seem to be liked as much as the Timeless I already have.
I'm looking for that something that will sit between the Timeless .68 and the .95 plates, so thought the ATT with that selection of plates may be OK.
But I don't need rough, harsh, blade chatter, weird cutting angles, etc.

ATT is somewhat forgotten these days and is quite often overlooked. They provide a quality shave at an affordable price. It has a machine finish and is not flashy like your Timeless. My advice is go for it.

Having looked around...I'm now thinking that the new ATT Windsor R1 may be the one for me.
Just have to have a wee quiet think about it.
Did look at the Game Changer OC, but I had the previous model GC with both plates and didn't like it (sold to a fellow P&C member).
Whatever I buy, it will be displayed on here (with a review) when it arrives.