August 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
loBwvtS.jpg

For my son. A custom made Wolf Whiskers, 22/48mm in Finest 2 band

Peter Wolf is one of the best artisans that I have ever dealt with.

Stellar brush!!! But surely you have to make sure it performs well ;)

For my son. A custom made Wolf Whiskers, 22/48mm in Finest 2 band

Peter Wolf is one of the best artisans that I have ever dealt with.

REALLY nice brush and great idea for an heirloom. I presume you have seen the set I have for my son - here? I subsequently updated it with a few other things - see here.

I reckon doing the heirloom thing is a GREAT idea ...

REALLY nice brush and great idea for an heirloom. I presume you have seen the set I have for my son - here? I subsequently updated it with a few other things - see here.

I reckon doing the heirloom thing is a GREAT idea ...

Yes, the word 'heirloom' was in my thoughts all morning but you have given me a great idea. The hunt for a NOS is now on. Thanks Mark :)

Love the story about your father buying a hammer on the day that your son was born (y)

Yes, the word 'heirloom' was in my thoughts all morning but you have given me a great idea. The hunt for a NOS is now on. Thanks Mark :)

Love the story about your father buying a hammer on the day that your son was born (y)
Heirloom is great. But isn't meant to be connected or used by you to actually become an heirloom? It's got to have special significance to you first (so your favourite razor).

Also I think a NOS ultra nice set makes for a fantastic tuck-away-in-a-drawer or display prezzie, but it wouldn't be wise if they didn't appreciate it and took it for granted. (Value wise whether sentimental or financial.) My son is currently 5 & 1/2 so he current behaviour isn't giving me confidence for the future...

Heirloom is great. But isn't meant to be connected or used by you to actually become an heirloom? It's got to have special significance to you first (so your favourite razor).

Also I think a NOS ultra nice set makes for a fantastic tuck-away-in-a-drawer or display prezzie, but it wouldn't be wise if they didn't appreciate it and took it for granted. (Value wise whether sentimental or financial.) My son is currently 5 & 1/2 so he current behaviour isn't giving me confidence for the future...

Well......originally the brush was meant for me but now it's his. So technically it's a heirloom. Parting with my beloved Semogue would be tough :)

He has sort of "inherited" my Merkur 34C but I'm going to finding him something a little more special.

Yes the hammer was part of putting together a memory box from the day we did for all our kids. Copies of newspapers, train/bus tickets, all sort of daily detritus from THAT day. The train and bus tickets I was told at the time were really odd. Of course now we used stored value cards but they will have and be able to show their kids the paper tickets from the day they were born.

This is the ONLY time I would use a NOS item and hey, given the time and energy spent acquiring them it is connected to me! My son is already using as HIS first DE the Merkur barberpole that I was given back in 2010 as my first DE ...

I too was fortunate enough to get a package from @roger - really fantastic stuff in there!!!

What is even better: I specifically asked him, and he wants all reviews to be in public - already a fantastic vendor in my books!!!

I too was fortunate enough to received a package from @roger today - wonderful gear in there!!!

What is even better: I specifically asked him and he wants all my reviews to be in public - fantastic vendor in my books!!!
RogerSoapsS_zpsnasfimkq.jpg

The 58 turned up today as well - and I'm very pleased - very clean and it is the 68g version:
1_58InCaseS_zpsglt5ddas.jpg

2_58OutOfCaseS_zpsuflnxaln.jpg

3_58OpenS_zps0qbriw63.jpg

I was afraid to received more something like this - but that was just a freebie from the seller...
1_RocketS_zpsyuybgvrk.jpg

Redgum is the name of my property and bisuness
Lemon scented myrtle is the essential oil in the soap.
And it smells delicious - I love REAL (as opposed to fake like in A...) citrus (lemon, lime, bergamot ...) scents in my products and the lemon myrtle is definitely right up my alley!

Status
Not open for further replies.