August 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, for my upcoming Europe trip.

20181028934_672ff4028a_c.jpg

Couldn't be bothered dragging my chunky SLR around. So wanted something pocket sized, but one with similar image quality to my SLR. This should fit the bill.

Great choice! I had the Mk.I and I hear they've improved a ton...even got a viewfinder now I believe.

Great choice! I had the Mk.I and I hear they've improved a ton...even got a viewfinder now I believe.

So will my iPhone 6+ not cut it? I don't want to take the DSLR in September but ...

Hmmm, maybe time for a thread like this.

Last edited:
...I shudder to think. But I assume the cave paintings of those geeks have something to do with Lara Croft and Game of Thrones. Oh shudddder...

A Commonwealth Department I deal with has as part of their email signatures -

The Department of Education acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respect to them and their cultures, and elders, past, present and future.

A Commonwealth Department I deal with has as part of their email signatures -

The Department of Education acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respect to them and their cultures, and elders, past, present and future.

Great initiative. I'm taking this one to work! Seriously!!!!! Thanks @Mark1966

Great initiative. I'm taking this one to work! Seriously!!!!! Thanks @Mark1966

Cuts across everything I know about the cultural and symbolic importance of these acknowledgements - far too generic to be meaningful from what I've been led to believe.

Firstly contrary to other (thoroughly incorrect) opinions, it is written "arko".

So I can apply some reason to your this weird statement:
1. do you have a functioning sense of smell?
2. if so, do you appreciate the smell of half exhausted urinal pucks?
3. if so, do you (or have you lived) in WA?

If so, it all makes sense.

We need to design a flow diagram that clearly demonstrates how someone ends up at the desperate place in their life where they can "enjoy" arko
...or can "live" in WA.

P.S., If you guys are that keen you should organise a visit to the factory in Turkey. Here's a promotional image from the production line in their scent department:

enhanced-buzz-26654-1338720691-9.jpg
In that case, please name something that compares both price and performance wise mate :)

Cuts across everything I know about the cultural and symbolic importance of these acknowledgements - far too generic to be meaningful from what I've been led to believe.
Also disrespectful to everyone.

We tend to go walkabout on topics around here... [emoji11]

Notwithstanding the fact that that is true, I feel like we were quite ON topic. This is the August 2015 Acquisition Thread. I acquired something in the month of August 2015.

QED.

Notwithstanding the fact that that is true, I feel like we were quite ON topic. This is the August 2015 Acquisition Thread. I acquired something in the month of August 2015.

QED.
Haha! Yes, you and a few others were. But a lot of posts aren't. I'm just as guilty as the next mind you.

This:
20652396119_9d4c5d0154_c.jpg

I think it looks good in my one cube that SWMBO has allocated to me in our ikea 5x5 cube thing.

20829816382_0423f3e2af_c.jpg

The thing that confuses me a little is that this is definitely NOT aluminum. It is 68g like the other nickel plated ones. Except it says "patent pending" on the inside. So it's from 1953-1955...

Very nice @MrT and if it weighs 68g is sure is not Alu - well done!

This:
20652396119_9d4c5d0154_c.jpg

I think it looks good in my one cube that SWMBO has allocated to me in our ikea 5x5 cube thing.

20829816382_0423f3e2af_c.jpg

The thing that confuses me a little is that this is definitely NOT aluminum. It is 68g like the other nickel plated ones. Except it says "patent pending" on the inside. So it's from 1953-1955...
Yeah I think this is precisely how it all started with @Mark1966

Status
Not open for further replies.