August 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 of 2 packages shave related today one not so good but at least I can count on Executive Grooming to come through for me as they always do.
HhNUcSC.jpg

44119627401_73a4c86bbf.jpg

29181726847_bb7c00ec3d.jpg

43212739395_9857726e9e.jpg

43212738875_7a8291faef.jpg

AusPost finally delivered the 2 DEs from @Bucephalus last week. I was caught by surprise with the state that these 2 razors were in. Both were in such a pristine state that you could mistake them as vintage NOS (y) The mirror finish on the Wilkinson Sticky was amazing...no cracks or scratches on the plastic handle either! Really lucky to get my hands on these 2 gems :)

AusPost finally delivered the 2 DEs from @Bucephalus last week. I was caught by surprise with the state that these 2 razors were in. Both were in such a pristine state that you could mistake them as vintage NOS (y) The mirror finish on the Wilkinson Sticky was amazing...no cracks or scratches on the plastic handle either! Really lucky to get my hands on these 2 gems :)

Like they just came off the Production Line @FluffyGroodle....Great score....

Congrats - two classic razors is wonderful condition!

Well I'm a little emotional as you know I had a shit day yesterday with the arrival of a very expensive Thater White Boar with glue issues. Then I get an alert on my mobile late this afternoon and see my parcel locker has something for me a little glimmer of excitement came across me. I have now picked it up and well sorry lads emotional again I get a truly fantastic item in the mail from my best friend @Nightguard in the way of an awesome brush and a little extra in a pack of Wilkies well mate if I have to drive down to take you for a Beer then that is what I will do cause this really lifted me today which has been full on with meetings and shit You are tops mate appreciate and love the Brush (y)
VBbchQj.jpg

Well I'm a little emotional as you know I had a shit day yesterday with the arrival of a very expensive Thater White Boar with glue issues. Then I get an alert on my mobile late this afternoon and see my parcel locker has something for me a little glimmer of excitement came across me. I have now picked it up and well sorry lads emotional again I get a truly fantastic item in the mail from my best friend @Nightguard in the way of an awesome brush and a little extra in a pack of Wilkies well mate if I have to drive down to take you for a Beer then that is what I will do cause this really lifted me today which has been full on with meetings and shit You are tops mate appreciate and love the Brush (y)
VBbchQj.jpg
Great to hear it arrived safe and sound mate. It's a great little brush and the blades are my absolute favourite. Hope they're both to your liking. Haven't forgotten about catching up either mate, just still under the pump at home.

Received the Blacklands SE Sabre today!

6OgL9idl.jpg

FN0keRDm.jpg
gTgeWZsm.jpg
BWKWYrMm.jpg

The thread on the top plate the handle screws onto is a bit interesting as it's flat, just threaded on two sides, so that it fits the slot in the GEM blade. Can be a little fiddly to fit handle but easy enough and fits firmly. Has a nice feel/balance. I enjoy the vintage GEM razors I have, but they are not easy to clean. The Sabre is just like any three piece DE so will be easy to maintain. Looking forward to giving a run tomorrow.
Blacklands makes cool razors (with cool names, Sabre is even fun to say, preferably with Lego Batman voiceover). Hope it lives up to the reviews as I'm imagining the Sabre and Blackbird being in the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.