August 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just making my path to auction domination easier I see guys ...
giphy.gif

A0-DE777-D-1-B0-C-4171-9-D27-8-A851081-FC1-C.jpg

AP Shave Co 30mm SynBad synthetic extra dense knot arrived today. Purchased 18th June. Not as bad a delay as some have had here but the very annoying thing was that it was in Perth from the 15th July!!!!

This knot has been purchased so my wife can design a cool brush for me with @Tony Forsyth . I get it on my birthday. What a wife.

Last edited:
A0-DE777-D-1-B0-C-4171-9-D27-8-A851081-FC1-C.jpg

AP Shave Co 30mm SynBad synthetic extra dense knot arrived today. Purchased 18th June. Not as bad a delay as some have had here but the very annoying thing was that it was in Perth from the 15th July!!!!

This knot has been purchased so my wife can design a cool brush for me with @Tony Forsyth . I get it on my birthday. What a wife.
Awesome I look forward to seeing what you both come up with ;-) Cheers Tony

Where did you buy it from and when? Trying to gauge how long my TOTC order will be

TOTC orders will take along time as they go through Asendia, unless you paid for upgraded shipping.

My last order through Asendia from Canada took 5 weeks. (NOT TOTC)

Last edited:
Where did you buy it from and when? Trying to gauge how long my TOTC order will be
You need to keep away from TOTC, because, there’s a 50 percent chance you could never receive your package during the pandemic at the moment.

Ordered it from Beard and Blade last Thursday.

My TOTC order of Two Kings took just over 11 weeks. Would have been easier and cheaper to just wait until B&B restocked, I would only have had to wait another couple of days. Trouble is, B&B don't carry the full range of NO products, so I'm going to have to wait for my OS order of Hamami soap to come through.

Ordered it from Beard and Blade last Thursday.

My TOTC order of Two Kings took just over 11 weeks. Would have been easier and cheaper to just wait until B&B restocked, I would only have had to wait another couple of days. Trouble is, B&B don't carry the full range of NO products, so I'm going to have to wait for my OS order of Hamami soap to come through.
My advice is next time you order something, please, use Maggard Razors they’re very reliable and they’re also very good.

My advice is next time you order something, please, use Maggard Razors they’re very reliable and they’re also very good.
I usually do, but at the time I placed the order, I had already been waiting 7 weeks for a package from Maggard's (and they were also out of stock of Two Kings). That package also went out via Asendia (sigh :rolleyes:)...

You need to keep away from TOTC, because, there’s a 50 percent chance you could never receive your package during the pandemic at the moment.
Normally I order from Maggards however they didn't have the stock of what I wanted. Paid by PayPal so not stressed, to be honest. More just trying to figure out how long before I have to try and hide a delivery :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

More just trying to figure out how long before I have to try and hide a delivery :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Don’t worry about hiding your package, because, your wife has access to the joint savings account and she’ll always have an argument about your wet shaving gear.

I usually do, but at the time I placed the order, I had already been waiting 7 weeks for a package from Maggard's (and they were also out of stock of Two Kings). That package also went out via Asendia (sigh :rolleyes:)...

Not ordering is not going to solve the issue,especially when the Australian vendors have no stock.

Problem is a considerable amount of overseas vendors that use sub par carriers such as Asendia don't really care what happens to your order once their product is shipped. In fairness to TOTC they offer 3 different international delivery options, and do follow up customer delivery issues. There is defiantely a problem with Asendia. There are big issues at play besides covid that is causing these problems from North America for those who choose the economic postage options.

If you choose the cheapest option there is still an expectation that you will receive your item in a decent time frame. 30 days in the current climate is acceptable. Any longer and you should file with Paypal item not received. At least get this process happening as this should entice the vendor to look into the situation more thoughly for you. If the item turns up before paypal issues a refund, good result for all parties. Vendors asking you to sign affidavits of lost items if you have paid with paypal should be flat out refused. Use Paypal and never use your CC directly. Follow paypals instructions. If and when paypal issue you a refund, the vendor will have already filed a claim with the carrier for lost and non delivered items.(they are insured !)

More than two months ago, I was fortunate to win a 'PIF' on the Badger & Blade forum, and the donor was quite happy to post to Australia.
The item was a Fatip Grande razor. It was posted on June 10th, and just arrived today. A few PM's were exchanged between the donor and myself. He warned me to open and unpack it carefully, as he " may have thrown another item or two in there ". Well he wasn't kidding, see the photo. The shavette is a 'Weck hair shaper', the single edge is an Everyready, there are multiple modern blades plus Gem SE blades, shavette blades, an Omega travel brush, vintage soaps, and of course the Grande. I simply am astounded by the gentlemans generosity; thank you Leonard A. Jones!

LA Jones is the nicest guy in America. A year or so ago he sent me a pre war tech. But filled the box with some other razors and even American chocolate etc. We chatted about his and my family's military history and is beyond generous.
Yep! I just opened an account at Maggard Razors, so will send him a gift from there in the near future.

More than two months ago, I was fortunate to win a 'PIF' on the Badger & Blade forum, and the donor was quite happy to post to Australia.
The item was a Fatip Grande razor. It was posted on June 10th, and just arrived today. A few PM's were exchanged between the donor and myself. He warned me to open and unpack it carefully, as he " may have thrown another item or two in there ". Well he wasn't kidding, see the photo. The shavette is a 'Weck hair shaper', the single edge is an Everyready, there are multiple modern blades plus Gem SE blades, shavette blades, an Omega travel brush, vintage soaps, and of course the Grande. I simply am astounded by the gentlemans generosity; thank you Leonard A. Jones!
What a top bloke! Always been keen to try Kai blades, ridiculously expensive to buy from Aus at the moment. Please let me know how you go with them! You will like the blue Label stick too!

Status
Not open for further replies.