August 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i-Kfd4bBr-L.jpg

#nofilter

THANK YOU to VSHOD and the 2020 Auction Team. I'm very much looking forward to trying this on the weekend. Smells divine.

The random knife is my parcel opener.

i-Kfd4bBr-L.jpg

#nofilter

THANK YOU to VSHOD and the 2020 Auction Team. I'm very much looking forward to trying this on the weekend. Smells divine.

LoL on the random knife, I have had Vshod send me all sorts of interesting gratuitous extras over the years, the knife would not have been surprising.:)

Sorry your package has got stuck. AusFarce's trotting out the COVID excuse is wearing a bit thin when packages routinely remain stuck in Melbourne (or worse, Sydney) for week after week. They still have trucks which are allowed to move around, and there are still flights, with no passengers to worry about.
So seems that my package has finally left MEL, VIC and is now processing STRATHFIELD, NSW as of last night. Here's hoping it reaches me early next week. Thanks again @Gargravarr (y)

So seems that my package has finally left MEL, VIC and is now processing STRATHFIELD, NSW as of last night. Here's hoping it reaches me early next week. Thanks again @Gargravarr (y)
Hope you do better with Strathfield than I have lately. That's been a sticking point for a lot of my parcels in recent weeks. But at least they haven't actually lost anything of mine so far :sneaky:

That was quick.
How much was the shipping ?
Shipping: $10.77 via Economy International (20-75 days due to COVID-19)
That's from the order page, so they even beat their quoted time! In US$.
giphy.gif

Your package made it on time, before, they've missed the flight heading to Australia during the pandemic.

The up doots Vshod got during the auction I thought I’d give them some love, but being the first time I have bought with them I placed a small order..

8UmLfPy.jpg
I was kinda looking for something to pair loosely with Eau Suavage as it’s a favourite of mine.

i-Kfd4bBr-L.jpg

#nofilter

Not just a knife, A benchmade.
A fellow man of class I see.

Last edited:

That's two of your items and shipping to Sydney.

Maggards have become very expensive.

As I said in the original post, only the Noble Otter Rawr and the Rubies came from Maggard, so I guess the postage rates are weight dependent. Five tucks of blades weigh a lot less than a bottle of Thayers. The exchange rate is the killer for me. Just to clarify; the Thayers and Astra SP's I got from Mens Biz in Melbourne.

As I said in the original post, only the Noble Otter Rawr and the Rubies came from Maggard, so I guess the postage rates are weight dependent. Five tucks of blades weigh a lot less than a bottle of Thayers. The exchange rate is the killer for me. Just to clarify; the Thayers and Astra SP's I got from Mens Biz in Melbourne.

Makes sense for just the soap.(y)

After my last order went missing, and the ever increasing international postage cost from Maggards, I am avoiding them. Using a local delivery company like myusa or parcel monkey, is even worse currently. I guess the complete mess the US postage system is in trying to run it like a private enterprise, will continue discouraging international buyers.

Might be time for a Sabbatical.:(

Makes sense for just the soap.(y)

After my last order went missing, and the ever increasing international postage cost from Maggards, I am avoiding them. Using a local delivery company like myusa or parcel monkey, is even worse currently. I guess the complete mess the US postage system is in trying to run it like a private enterprise, will continue discouraging international buyers.

Might be time for a Sabbatical.:(
Ironically- stuff from China is still going through no worries (in my experience)

Might be more flights from/to China? I’m also avoiding the US stuff right now, unfortunately lots of good stuff there. I have a test purchase (Coutale Sommelier) from the UK to see how the shipping time stacks up to pre COVID.
I'd be interested to hear how it stacks up vs shipping from the US...

Status
Not open for further replies.